Which buttons is it that you think need to be replaced?
just the controls being made into buttons... just an idea, here's button I made in less than a minute with the program mentioned above:
One thing to keep in mind is that these controls are also at times overlayed over the screen (like volume, video player controls, etc).
If these are changed to buttons as above this would make this inconsistent. If the overlays are also buttons as above it would not improve the look if thats what u r after).
The current controls are crisp and easily readable/useable thereby improving usability. Aditionally by taking up less real estate more "white space" can be used...remember the environment this is being used in.
Don't get me wrong I personally like the aqua look and while the controls could be made as above in the current format and env, think this is not suitable.
my 2c (less with inflation)
I think it looks better and would make the play function and others more visible while driving...
It's pretty... let's try it
Unfortunately not in this part of the world. Even with the current extreme contrast its difficult to read in bright sunshine. Anything less and it would be impossible to use..this is where the voice control would kick in....Originally Posted by LightningMac
Guess, folks that want to can always swap the few buttons if required to give the desired look :-)
Also notice that apple with all their focus teams, usability studies etc use similar overlayed controls for example....so it can't be all bad :-)
"Remember these comments are reducing val with inflation as we speak"
Here is the 0.0007 alpha release:
* You'll need to re-import your music database!
- There were some issues if you had videos in your playlists. My first fix on it was really slow, but I figured out the best solution, which requires you to reimport the music database.
- AMP wasn't being very smart about resetting the "pause" button's status under a few different conditions. This has been (hopefully) fixed.
- I removed four of the more-stupid visualizations, and added a new one that is very iTunes-ish.
- Also, I have three really cool visualizations from that link raceer posted (the iVisualize plugins). I just put them in this morning to show you what's coming up down the line. You can see them by clickin on the small album art icon on the bottom-right part of the music window. They aren't fully implemented yet, this is just a demo, and to get some feedback.
- Fixed a few other graphical issues to make things make more sense (all buttons in music view have drop-shadows, etc)
As always, thank you for any feedback and bug-reports!
I think I may start a little documentation file to include with it with some answers for questions, etc.
OMG YES I LOVE IT!!!! BEST!!!!Originally Posted by aychamo
if you implement that and make it interactive somehow. i will bow down and shower you with praise :P
I just really read that part, and clicked on the album art and just about fell out of my seat!