Nope, I had quit iTunes and already ejected my iPod before I did the first import.Originally Posted by Endon
You know what? I think that's the problem! I had a weird incident of the same type the other night (I imported, but a few albums' album art didn't match). I closed iTunes, then re-imported, and it was fine. I couldn't figure out the problem, because it had never happened before (I feared I broke something!), but I think you hit the nail on the head.Originally Posted by Endon
In the car environment, when you won't be working w/ iTunes at the same time, this should never be an issue.
It had to be some weird **** with iTunes and its' updating of the iTunes Music Library.xml file. The code works perfectly. It's not like it would work sometimes, and others not.
I know it's been a while since I released a version of AMP. School has been killing me. And to make it worse, I'm entering the "home stretch" of this semester, with 5 huge tests in the next couple of weeks. In order to not waste all my student loans, I'm hopefully not going to touch AMP [but I know I will to help releive some stress]
But.. As yall know I've been doing a lot of work on AMP lately (unfortunately, most of it is behind the scenes, which will be more noticeable later.) Since I won't be able to do an significant work for a couple of weeks, I wanted to release the version I'm currently playing with.
This version has all the bug-fixes that have been mentioned in the past few pages of this thread. Before I compiled this version, I took out the stuff with making the cursor disappear when looking at visuals (Sorry!) because I was having some logic problems and it would sometimes go away when you don't want it to (although, for an in-car enviroment that is fine.. maybe I should just make it an "option" for a permanently hidden or viewable mouse? That sounds like a good idea).
Also, my "utilities" module is implemented in this version. It's under the "Utils" section. It does three things: import media, upgrade AMP, and handle volumes. It also has the new little up/down scrollers for the table (you guys like those or no?)
It's also got a little eye-candy, and some other stuff. This has the improved importers, etc. Basically, the only thing this is missing is the plugin manager.
I'm uploading it as a different filename, because there may or may not be some bugs, and if there are, and you don't like them, you can always redownload the normal current version.
This new version is available at:
IMPORTANT: You need to reimport *EVERYTHING* I've completely changed how AMP stores it's stuff, and this way is a *whole* lot neater. In fact, the best thing to do is just completely erase the entire ~/Library/Application Support/AMP folder! (~ = your username) Just delete the entire folder, and then run AMP and re-run the importers.
So.. PLEASE PLEASE give me bug reports. There are bound to be some. I've changed a *whole* lot in this version, and haven't been able to really bug-test it that much.
I hope you guys like the new version, so far. (I have a whole lot more planned, I just am dying this semester, next semester will be far better)
whats the new eye candy? maybe i just missed it.
Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!
Couple thoughts on the disk utilities area...
I haven't tried doing anything like this, so I don't know how easy (or not easy) it is.
Can you grab the name of the disk that's currently the system disk, and display that instead of just the "/"?
Also, perhaps greying out the "Eject" button for the system volume. I did decide to push my luck and try it. It doesn't do anything to the System volume. I guess whatever you've called to try to eject items is that smart. It's more of an aesthetic thing.
But that's all I have so far! Great work!
yeah that's my only complaint with amp, the use of the window-ish file grabbing... using / to define location. I wish there was a way just to hit select and have a pop up window let you point and click at the location you want to import from...
lol.. you have no idea what a pain in the *** it already is to try to make the entire configuration program be graphical. most other front ends make you run a completely different "back-end" for all of the configuration stuff. i'm trying to make it all look like part of the same thing.Originally Posted by LightningMac
me making a graphical thing to match amp, for just a file-open dialogue box, while may hardly ever be used, is way beyond the scope of what I'm ready to do (unless some other dev wants to make a nice graphical one and contribute it... but i've had essentially zero support from any other devs. 1 small bug-fix, that's it man.)
(****.. i wish you hadn't mentioned this.. now i'm going through it in my head and see how I can do it..)
I read the above post about "/", and I changed one line of code and it now shows the name of the volume instead of "/". It will be in the next released version.