Anyone get XM to work?
I've got an xmpcr here and am having no luck getting jxm, amp, or macxm to work. Seems I'm missing the javax.comm dealie. Installing it seems over my head. Downloading xcode right now to see if I can follow along with rxtx.org wiki.
Gotta get this done quickly and I'm thinking of just running bootcamp and windows xp (will it even work then?)
if installing javax.comm is over your head then doing anything with Xcode will drown you.
Bugbyte said he will be porting my cocoa native XM module code to AMP in coming months. that does not require javax.comm and is fully compatible with the XM PCR
Wow you really saved my a** here with your prog.
How about that? A program that works right outta the box!
I appreciate the hard work that goes into developing all these front ends, lord knows it's over my head.
no problem, I'm sorry it doesn't work as well as I would like :)
IIRC the java based ones didn't work all that smoothly either... hopefully bugbyte or somebody else who cares more about XM then myself will really put some time into it and make this native solution better.
Yep, we'll *be* working on it. Which means that we aren't working on it just yet.
You have to install that javax.comm module into java to get it to work, but I don't think that AmpXM works with the XMPCR. At least, I haven't tested it with an XMPCR.
Yes we (bugbyte and minicoopS007) need to work on it. I've started on the integration into AMPXM (AMP 1.x)...
Originally Posted by Bugbyte
I took a look through the code. Thanks for commenting it and making it easy to read!
Originally Posted by NeonDev
We'll get working on it for AmpXM.
I call it iAmp; also known as Amp2/AmpXM/Amp_TV. In any case I have integrated the cocoa XM code from NeonDev into iAmp. Kudos NeonDev! :high5: My version of iAmp runs under OS 10.4.11. Bugbyte will build it under leopard. I use powermate and or keyspan IR remote to control iAmp. With powermate I can't simulate the "esc" key input. I could write an applescript to perform this, but I was hoping someone here has already done it. This is really a minor issue. The core issue I'm having is with the Mp3Car USB adapter for XM Direct. The device (Mp3Car USB adapter for XM Direct) appears under usb hardware profile. I thought this device was an FTDI usb<-->serial compliant. The device does not appear under /dev/cu.* or /dev/tty.*. Also it does not appear in the network port configuration. I have FTDI drivers installed.
Note that I used to be able to control my XM Direct tuner with HXM via my DIY usb-serial cable. :confused: