Check out the diminutive nature of the amp!
Good find! That could work for a VARIETY of reasons that come to mind, specifically for mounting the 3.5mm jack into the sliding side so I don't have to have a dangling cord to plug in all the time
Check out the diminutive nature of the amp!
Just picked up my Galaxy Tab yesterday. I cant wait to replace my car pc of 10 years with this device. I have had a droid x for several monthls and love the look and feel of the android os.
In the xda forums i can see that they are so close to enabling the FM radio on the broadcom chipset for us. The FM radio on the droid x works great so i would assume the GT would work just as well.
A few features/sugestions i think would be great to have
1. Bluetooth serial port to control my old XM unit and possibly have someone develop a front end to control the XM unit that i used with Riderunner.
2. Google Maps caching to store maps to conserve data plans
3. Bluetooth audio gateway to amps?? Is sound quality at that point yet or are we will going to need the 3.5mm jack
4. Install SIPDROID and get a google voice app for free calling(for now) within the US and get a car phone
5. CAN BUS app to control car functions
Now to figure out mounting in my 300C
2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash
Right now I've been slowly integrating my samsung galaxy s into my existing carpc...some options regarding your questions..
1. As for XM radio...I have unlimited data on my galaxy s which I plan to tether to my tablet..XM streams online ...but there are tons of free alternatives...Pandora, Xlive shoutcast, Jabra , TuneIn Radio etc...so no need for me to control sat receiver...
2. I beleiv this exists...It's called Brut Maps...cached googled maps...
3. Rockford Fosgate is releasing their 3Sixty.3 car audio processor this summer...supposed to allow BT streaming plus BT control and tuning! This is what I'm really waiting for!
More info here: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...sixty-3-a.html
4. Should be doable..haven't researched much...Skype...etc..
5. I've got a $40 BT OBD module that I use with an android app called Torque...pure awesomeness!
I'm so amped about all the android hardware and software coming out!! It really is a game changer in my opinion...the seamless integration between gps/internet/phone all with voice control, free live traffic etc...nothing comes close...
eg..I can voice command find starbucks, it returns nearst locations, i can then select to call store , or get turn by turn directions, it will mute audio if placing call etc...
MP3Car devs please jump on the Android/Google bandwagon!
I'm gonna start exploring writing some apps/utilities and see how it goes...i tried last year to get some type of 'widget' thing going via flash for RR, but I just didn't get anyone to join along...Android has so much more possibilities!
displays the stereo info on the odometer display, this probably uses the CAN bus. When I mount my android tablet, I'm going to lose that function until I can interface with the CAN bus.
Got my tablet yesterday, played around with Torque and Tasker. Can't believe Tasker is A$6 but Torque was only A$4, awesome value.
Very cool, guys. Keep us posted with updates! CAN bus control would be incredible. I don't want to even think about the possibilities. OBD is cool enough, I loved it back in 2007, now, meh, got no use for it. I doubt I would invest in a wifi/bluetooth obd reader to interface my tablet. Now a CAN bus, even if it's just reading, it's so much faster, it might be actually worth it.
Now we're talking! All we need is an Andriod Symmetry app! Did they actually release this!?
So I was playing with my rooted EVO and the Tablet a few minutes ago. I have VNC Server (requires root access) installed on my phone, and installed androidVNC on the Tab.
If I root my Tablet and actually get a service plan through Sprint, I can run VNC Server on the Tab and use the phone to connect to it. That means if we leave our Tabs in our vehicles, we can view the front/rear cameras to see what's going on while we're away
androidVNC doesn't seem to have full functionality yet, as it is view capable only, it would appear; however, since there is an option for "input" that lets you select (albeit, the selection doesn't change) different input methods, I'm sure it won't be too long now.
Edit: Edit: If I use the "Zoomable" option on the scaling, the image is crystal clear, but it doesn't rotate the fit the Tab no matter what orientation you have the phone and/or camera.
Edit: I've been trying to figure out how to make it so that the phone displays full-screen on the Tab, but no go so far. I'm going to chat w/the developer to see if he can provide resolution.
Last edited by whats77inaname; 03-09-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Yea Tasker is an awesome app, In fact i was using that the other day until my Archos 70 tablet's 250gb hard drive failed so i have to rma it. If you really want to do some crazy things you should use that with Locale and Custom Car Home or Car Dock home v3 to Make yourself have an Android Car. I also like to use the Program Edwin, Vlingo or Google voice to do some tasks without touching anything on my tablet. Lots of exciting stuff for android. That rockford fosgate unit seems cool but my car has bluetooth a2dp streaming stock but would be nice if i decide to put some aftermarket Headunit and system in the future.
Home of Android Car Enthusiasts