Using it more in the past week. Able to change the menu to page 2, took a bit but found swiping over the Album cover changed the menu pages. Also found a landscape Dialer in the Market called Contapps, it puts a 'Dialer' icon in your apps folder and has a pretty cool UI.
Could a Main Menu that is icon based be placed at the top or bottom of the screen but still be visible as a popout when in other apps be doable? Looking for this menu to swipe left or right to get to more Icons..
is there a link that I'm missing in the forum? I would like test out the latest in my car.
Sent from my ultimate Galaxy Tab using tapatalk.
Post number 114 has the link for the newest version released, ive got another release ready, just working on the launcher and want to get some icons done before i do, Im really busy with work right now so dont have much time, pretty much just some time on the weekend, so ill get some work done this weekend as well
loving this app so far... works great on my toshiba thrive.... couple inputs tho:
1. there is a feature for playlist, but still cant figure out how to create one?
2. i feel it needs more customization for the UI (i.e. background image, font size, etc...)
3. no other complaints... this app is awesome....
night jumper, you are the MAN for this!!! i will definately be pointing people your way... especially once u publish on the market
1. there is no way to create a playlist in the program, I purposely left that out because you shouldnt be making playlist while driving, so you have to either upload a playlist to your device before hand, or use another mediaplayer to create one. I might end up adding that feature in there later but for now it should just show your playlist, you can export playlist from itunes, mediamonkey, WMP, etc and then upload it to your device
2. UI theming and customization is on the list, since im still learning a lot, XML is my weak point, im not very familiar with it and learning as i go, i have to figure out the theming part and once i do the customization will be allowed also
3. Thanks for the compliment, its always nice to get complimented for something you work hard on.
I was wondering if possible you can paste the download links at the beginning of your thread.
Originally Posted by NightJumper
This is quite awesome. I know you have much on your list but here are a few other requests or suggestions.
- It would be nice to have a clock (customizable for 24-hr or 12-hr) on the display.
- Soft buttons to assign tasks to such as return to the music home or mute music
- Pause/unpause music by tapping the screen
- I understand this reads all music files even the android ones, it would be nice to explicitly specify a music folder
- The ability to add more apps on the launcher which can scroll
- Stop button for music
- Ability to select a track in the music List and remove it from the library or "hide" from the list from long touch drop menu
Maybe I missed this being discussed but I keep getting a popup requesting to purchase from the market and a different error stating that it's unlicensed and it forced closed on me on one occasion.
I figure that's minor since this is still in development. In any case this is awesome! Thanks for thinking about the future of the CarPC.. I think tablets are the way to go rather than modding all that extra hardware (unless you really need it for your goals). I can do everything I need with only my tab plus it has the ultimate portability.
Oh.. I forgot to add: the ability to crossfade music. I usually like this feature on players because it helps eliminate that annoying pause in between tracks.
Sorry havent been on in a couple days, I had a rough week at work and spent the weekend drinking with a bunch of friends who dragged me out. Now to questions:
1. For a clock, I originally had one in but took it out because i leave the status bar visible and that has one. If I can find a good place to put it then thats an option.
2,3 & 5- Im assuming you havent read the help file, as long as you are on the nowplaying screen (base home screen) you can tap to pause, double tapping the side bar at any time will return you to home, and with the launcher open if you swipe up or down in the area to the right of the buttons (not on the buttons) then it scrolls. I know this sucks and looking for a solution to fix it
4 - read through previous post, there is two distinct methods i can use for music browsing, i choose this one for the ease and ability to design for mulitple devices, it has some cons and thats the main one, but overall its better than the other method in my opinion, so short answer is thats not possible
6- Not really needed you have pause, if you want to restart the song use the previous button, otherwise it just uses valuable space to put it in
7- While this is possible and i thought about it, i went with not doing this, I really considered it in the video player, but i then decided that this is a player not a music manager, and since I also want to limit the amount of stuff done in the vehicle, I went with not dealing with this, As for hiding songs its a possibility but doubtful, the implementation would be ridiculous and not really worth it. But ill keep it on the list just in case
Cool deals. Great job nonetheless!