Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Android to Amplifier Help

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8

    Android to Amplifier Help

    I plan to use a Motorola Atrix in place of a headunit, and I'm not sure about connectivity with the amplifier.

    I'm wanting to connect to a 5ch amplifier (preferably bridge with another for 7ch) via AD2P bluetooth, just trying to figure out the scaling.

    Also, any suggestions for the amplifier's remote? Wire to ignition?

  2. #2
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    not sure what your asking..

  3. #3
    Newbie craigbru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    44
    This + this + this will do what you are asking perfectly.

    The EQ will allow you to get everything balanced for input to the amp(s), the bluetooth adapter will allow AD2P input on the EQ, and the remote trigger wired to an ignition source will allow you to turn on the EQ and amp with no turn on thump. I've been using this setup with a rooted Nook, and it's perfect for my needs.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    yeah, in general your going to need a way to amplify/line drive the audio signal from the headphone jack of the bluetooth music receiver & distribute it, my first thoughts would go to an equalizer too, something that gives you a volume knob up front would be cool... delayed turn on with something like that pac would be good to run from accessory power, some amps have turn on delay, that could be wired straight to accessory.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
    This + this + this will do what you are asking perfectly.

    The EQ will allow you to get everything balanced for input to the amp(s), the bluetooth adapter will allow AD2P input on the EQ, and the remote trigger wired to an ignition source will allow you to turn on the EQ and amp with no turn on thump. I've been using this setup with a rooted Nook, and it's perfect for my needs.
    Awesome! Thanks a lot!
    I'll probably use a different EQ though, I don't like Hifonics stuff XD
    The remote trigger is also something I was looking for.

    As for the volume knob, yeah it would be a nice thing to have. I'll check into what I can do to manage that
    I have a 5ch amp I had for another car, I'll check to make sure it doesn't already have a delay turn on.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8
    moderated posts wont let me edit my post to include this lol

    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Audio-EQ7.html
    not sure how good it is but it does have a direct volume control which may be beneficial
    may get an external line driver instead of built in.

    thanks for all the help though guys

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajinn View Post
    I plan to use a Motorola Atrix in place of a headunit, and I'm not sure about connectivity with the amplifier.

    I'm wanting to connect to a 5ch amplifier (preferably bridge with another for 7ch) via AD2P bluetooth, just trying to figure out the scaling.

    Also, any suggestions for the amplifier's remote? Wire to ignition?
    Interesting idea. I think a lot of people would appreciate a Work Log for your project.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11601 View Post
    Interesting idea. I think a lot of people would appreciate a Work Log for your project.
    Well I figured out how can get mouse/keyboard/external hdd access on my phone.
    Looking for a macro application for the webtop for skipping/selecting songs and opening/closing certain apps, then I'll be able to do without touchscreen interface on it - or if I can find the driver source to recompile for ARM ^^

  9. #9
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,095
    So I am using A2DP in my car and it works fine. I don't need an EQ. I am using an aftermarket mini amp though but that alone makes my factory audio sound like aftermarket. Before I started using my tablet in my car this is how I used my android phone.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hexxamillion View Post
    So I am using A2DP in my car and it works fine. I don't need an EQ. I am using an aftermarket mini amp though but that alone makes my factory audio sound like aftermarket. Before I started using my tablet in my car this is how I used my android phone.
    It all comes down to the speakers, and my stock speakers are garbage.

    Anyways I fabbed up some mounting brackets for the rear deck, installed some infinity full range speakers there for fill.
    Replaced front door speakers with infinity components
    Running a 5ch Alpine PDX-5 and a Kicker EQ9 with a Miccus BluBridge mini-jack Rx

    It works, however it doesn't have much volume. I'm going to add a PAC LD10 line driver to it so I can boost the signal and not have to max out the phone (which can cause distortion)

    UPS crushed my subwoofer... have to order a new one but they are out of stock and backorder is 1 month.
    After I get the sub installed and the line driver, I'm going to add a couple usb ports to the car so I can run the Miccus BluBridge continuously, as well as fab a phone dock to replace the stock head unit.

    Also, my my window quit rolling up for some odd reason, it rolls down though. There was moisture in the door, I think the motor might've shorted. Going to pull it out today and check.

    Still trying to think of a good way to set up a remote turn on that will eliminate the pop, atm I have a button for my remote wire that turns it on and off, which may become the permanent solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What can you do with Android?
    By Raimonds Svikis in forum Android Tablet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 03:12 AM
  2. Android help?
    By Derek Shain in forum Android Tablet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 08:26 PM
  3. Android app
    By Dougw133 in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 07:53 PM
  4. Android and RR
    By bay350z in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
  5. Android
    By upspace in forum Linux
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •