Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 171

Thread: Innotrends CA-FI on order, will review

  1. #151
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
    Here's an option: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...liZXJhdG9yIl0.

    works great for me, full control. i picked up the app radio 2 for ~$350
    Unless I am missing something, AppRadio doesn't do SPP. To get any kind of control to a phone, you must plug the phone in, which is just awful.

  2. #152
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    187
    not sure what you mean by SPP but using a app called ARliberator i am able to get full control of my phone via the headunit. you do have to plug your phone in but it's not that much of a inconvenience, especially if your used to charging your phone in the car anyways. like anything else there are benefits and draw backs.

    i recently ordered a HDMI stick anroid unit to see if i can use it as a dedicated device with the appradio, should get here in a couple weeks.

  3. #153
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Has anyone been able to get the source code for the Linux kernel from Innotrends? They told me that they refuse to release the code even though it is GPL. CarIT also have refused. its a shame licenses cannot be enforced in China.

  4. #154
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
    not sure what you mean by SPP but using a app called ARliberator i am able to get full control of my phone via the headunit. you do have to plug your phone in but it's not that much of a inconvenience, especially if your used to charging your phone in the car anyways. like anything else there are benefits and draw backs.

    i recently ordered a HDMI stick anroid unit to see if i can use it as a dedicated device with the appradio, should get here in a couple weeks.
    That's a good idea. Report back on how that works. I just can't get used to taking my phone out of my pocket. I've tried, but I still forget 90% of the time and then it isn't worth the hassle and danger of trying to plug it in after I am rolling. BTW, SPP is serial port protocol for Bluetooth.

    I just would like to point out to the Ca-Fi guys, it is pretty much the end of Christmas shopping in the US and the product that was supposed to launch in August still doesn't appear to be available here.

  5. #155
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    187
    so far the ug007 connects up but getting it to connect was a bit tricky, also the touch doesn't calibrate correctly and touch events are backwards and seem to be restricted more towards the upper right hand side of the screen. also the resolution was too high and everything is really small. i attempted to correct the resolution via a app and soft bricked my device, until i can restore it there are several others on the appradioforums that are working on a similar setup.

    for now unless the resolution issue can be figured out and the developer decides to support the units the best solution is to use a spare unactivated phone as a dedicated unit

  6. #156
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwk View Post
    That's a good idea. Report back on how that works. I just can't get used to taking my phone out of my pocket. I've tried, but I still forget 90% of the time and then it isn't worth the hassle and danger of trying to plug it in after I am rolling. BTW, SPP is serial port protocol for Bluetooth.

    I just would like to point out to the Ca-Fi guys, it is pretty much the end of Christmas shopping in the US and the product that was supposed to launch in August still doesn't appear to be available here.
    There is a new option available over on the appradioforums that you might be interested in, people with newer galaxy handsets are pairing up to their headunits using allshare cast which eliminates all the wires. I just picked up a galaxy note 2 and will be trying this out myself. anyways thought you might be interested. Haven't messed with the stick since I bricked it but i'll try to recover it sometime i'm sure or find someone who can, people are still having issues with the touch controls however and the developer hasn't yet addressed it.

  7. #157
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
    There is a new option available over on the appradioforums that you might be interested in, people with newer galaxy handsets are pairing up to their headunits using allshare cast which eliminates all the wires. I just picked up a galaxy note 2 and will be trying this out myself. anyways thought you might be interested. Haven't messed with the stick since I bricked it but i'll try to recover it sometime i'm sure or find someone who can, people are still having issues with the touch controls however and the developer hasn't yet addressed it.
    Ok, I will need to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

  8. #158
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    34
    So, I've been following this thread since it was created and was really excited about these units.
    But my experience with CA-FI has left a bad taste, and I'll have to keep looking for alternatives.

    On their forum, many users are asking about firmware updates. I was one of them, and was pushing to get some more info.
    Instead of CA-FI working with their existing and potential customers, they have now banned me from their forum and facebook page. One of the topics I brought up was that Fryo was over 3 years old, and app developers are beginning to no longer support these versions. I brought up that there has to be some support for updates, and that CA-FI needs to be more actively involved in their forums (many questions about the units from owners go unanswered for months). They decided it was just easier to ban me and delete my posts.

    I'm really bummed about this, I really want a integrated double din Android experience in the car. But I don't want to spend so much money on something that is years outdated before it even gets to the house
    Check out my Restored 84 Camaro
    • Custom Made LED tail lights
    • Bi-Xenon HID Projectors
    • LED retrofitted instrument cluster

  9. #159
    Maximum Bitrate rray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    681
    I bought the Foryou Adayo AN6B01 which was also a Froyo based head unit. It was OK, but never updated and took about 90 seconds from power up till it played music.

    I pulled it after only 9 month of use, because of lack of updates, slow response, and being intermittent at reading 16Gb SD cards.

    Ended up building a windows 8 based car PC.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #160
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by rray View Post
    I bought the Foryou Adayo AN6B01 which was also a Froyo based head unit. It was OK, but never updated and took about 90 seconds from power up till it played music.

    I pulled it after only 9 month of use, because of lack of updates, slow response, and being intermittent at reading 16Gb SD cards.

    Ended up building a windows 8 based car PC.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ya that's what I'm seeing with most of these units.

    What I would love to have, is a unit that has a version of Android that could be updated for at least 1 or 2 updates.
    Can run most apps (nav, tunein, pandora, Torque, etc), and tether my internet from my phone. Built with quality hardware, and powerful enough to run the software.

    Seems like we just can't get that! I'm willing to pay, but not for junk.
    Check out my Restored 84 Camaro
    • Custom Made LED tail lights
    • Bi-Xenon HID Projectors
    • LED retrofitted instrument cluster

Similar Threads

  1. anyone order from
    By morbidking in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 06:45 AM
  2. mp3 track order (showing up out of order)
    By Sylan in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
  4. Hardware Review: Overdue M2ATX review
    By elstev0 in forum The Review Palace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 09:10 AM
  5. Hardware Review: Car2PC Alpine MBUS review
    By MatrixPC in forum The Review Palace
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 06:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •