Few questions about android carputer
Hi, I am new to the android world, btw great forum
I was going to buy a double din integrated head unit/dvd nav system but in Australia they are $2000 and you cant just buy them from the US for cheap because of the maps.
Anyway i decided to go down the path of a $200 tablet plugged into my pioneer headunit, just was wondering if it can do everything that i want it to, as I have zero experience with android and tablets in general.
I just want it to play music, movies run a few different GPS programs and utilise cameras. No internet will be required.
1. Is there a simple app that is intutive where I can switch between these functions?
2. Is it possible to make it turn on/off when it detects the battery to be charging/not charging?
3. How long would it take to switch between functions, for example GPS and reverse camera?
4. Can most android tablets be operated entirely from the touchscreen?
5. with an android tablet, can you plug say 4 usb devices into it using a powered USB hub, and use them similtaneously and is there any limit to the size of an external HDD that you can connect?
6. Are drivers readily available for items such as USB cameras, external HDD's, USB GPS antennas etc?
Finally, which android version would be the best for a carputer?
Thanks for any advice, it is much appreciated.