search about tasker app ;-)
I'm currently planning to mount a Archos 5 Tablet PC into my car. The 5" fits very well onto the stock mobile phone deck. The audio is transmitted via normal Aux-in. My only problem is the powering. At the moment I thought of two possibilites:
1. Connecting the tablet power to the ignition switched car power. The advantage is, that it will only charge when the key is turned, so the car battery will never drain. The screen could be switched on and off via the power switch event with an app like Llama. The disadvantage is that the tablet will not be charged when the car is not started. So after a few days without driving it has to be switched on again manually. Plus the Archos needs a long time to charge via USB.
2. The power of the tablet is connected to the permanent car power. Then the tablet pc will be available all the time. I guess the power consumption is low enough that the car battery drainage will not be a problem. Now my problem: How do I switch the screen on and off automatically in this scenario?
Thxs and greetings
Yes, that's what I explained in step 1. But what if the tablet runs out of battery? It will shut down and Tasker will not work anymore. If you charge it constantly, you have no charging/not charging event.
Also you can add an event to start and stop playback of your music automatically. The problem with this though is that tasker will only send a toggle for play/pause. So unfortunately the state can get confused for whatever reason and you'll be playing when your car is off and stopped when your car is on.
I started by using tasker and the charge events but I eventually moved on to using an arduino for the power state and Poweramp because it has an sdk so I can send it actual play/pause and not just a toggle.
i had the same problem too. i recently found an app at Google Play which is exactly for that purpose. It is called Autosleeper Auto power ON-OFF. here are some basic features:
- Your Tablet goes automatically to Stand By mode when you turn off the car engine
- The Song you were listening to Pauses
- When you turn on the engine the Tablet goes On again without pressing the Power Button:
- Your GPS is on again
- Your music continues exactly where you had left it
i think it's a fantastic app for this purpose and extra simple in use!
greetings from Athens