I might be crazy, so lets find out if I am
Okay, so I really like the new Google Nexus 7, and cannot wait to get my hands on one. For $199 you really cannot beat that price point for a nice spec'ed tablet that will always be on the cutting edge of Android revisions. This makes me want to put one in my car.
I know many might shoot me having been one of the founding member of the OpenMobile, but I truly believe Tablets are where this journey is headed. Windows Surface I personally believe will change the industry as we know it.
Anyhow, back to what I want to do.
1) Nexus 7 in the dash, 'nough said
2) Steering wheel controls to the tablet via ArduinoBT module
3) Small PC with SSD drive mounted somewhere out of view with my music on it, wireless network to tablet so all is available and not limited to 8GB internal storage and saves on data costs
4) MiFi device providing internet access
- Verizon Wireless: 4G LTE, 4GB Data plan: $50 per month
- AT&T Wireless: 4G, 5GB Data plan: $50 per month
5) Arduino modules to control internal lighting, windows, locks etc. Tablet would be able to control these devices over the network
I think this is the general view of what I would like to do.
I will hash out more details as I go along.
All opinions welcomed as usual.