Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: taskers help for noob (mega numb)

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate coolcoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lancashire ,England
    Posts
    83

    taskers help for noob (mega numb)

    Hi all I am very new to all this tablet app stuff I have just bought a samsung tab 2 and downloaded tasker so i can use it in the car as the main unit
    I need help (an idiots guide) to set taskers up I want a step by step on how to get it to launch the music player app when power is applied and end the music app when power is stopped,I have tried to understand the taskers how to but I cant get it to work following that guide

    any help and advice would be great are there any front end that are any good like centrafuse ect

    This is my first every tablet and its going to be fitted in my megane cc fingers crossed

    I have managed to get it to start playing music when power is plugeged in, but when i set up kill app it wont end the music when power unpluged please help
    Last edited by coolcoupe; 09-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, United States
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcoupe View Post
    Hi all I am very new to all this tablet app stuff I have just bought a samsung tab 2 and downloaded tasker so i can use it in the car as the main unit
    I need help (an idiots guide) to set taskers up I want a step by step on how to get it to launch the music player app when power is applied and end the music app when power is stopped,I have tried to understand the taskers how to but I cant get it to work following that guide

    any help and advice would be great are there any front end that are any good like centrafuse ect

    This is my first every tablet and its going to be fitted in my megane cc fingers crossed

    I have managed to get it to start playing music when power is plugeged in, but when i set up kill app it wont end the music when power unpluged please help
    I've never been able to get the kill app task to work correctly, i believe if the app has a service running it will just re-open the app. there should be a task specifically for media called stop media or something along those lines. you can always click on the little question marks inside the app to figure out what things do and how to use them.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate coolcoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lancashire ,England
    Posts
    83
    tried stop music it did nothing??

  4. #4
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,095
    I have a couple questions. So do you have your tablet setup to power on/off with ignition? Do you have audio through BT?

    One comment I have is I now have quite a few tasks and profiles that include killing or restarting apps. It should work fine. I know there are media tasks that do things like stop/play music,etc.

    Can you outline the steps in your tasker profile?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate coolcoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lancashire ,England
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by hexxamillion View Post
    I have a couple questions. So do you have your tablet setup to power on/off with ignition? Do you have audio through BT?

    One comment I have is I now have quite a few tasks and profiles that include killing or restarting apps. It should work fine. I know there are media tasks that do things like stop/play music,etc.

    Can you outline the steps in your tasker profile?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    so far i have got it to turn the screen on off with ignitionand it loads car which is a free launcher and i can get it to load up rocket player(but not start playing), but when i end power all that happens is the screen goes blank but it does not end the apps (car hamoe and rocket player)


    so far on power up its set as:
    1. stay on
    mode with ac or usb

    2 bluetooth on
    set on

    3 load app
    app carhome

    4 load app rocket player

    -----------------

    when power off

    1 bluetooth
    set off

    2 system lock

    3 kill app
    app car home

    4 kill app
    app rocket player



    -----------------
    audio through bt ?? not sure what you mean

  6. #6
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,095
    Where I was going with my question is that whether you are streaming the music via bluetooth or audio jack then many music apps have option to stop playing the music when audio is disconnected. What app are you using? You may not need to mess with killing the music app. For example Poweramp (so awesome it is) will stop playing when audio is disconnected whether it be via bluetooth or audio jack.

    Does your tablet stay powered with the display timed out or does it actually shut down?
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  7. #7
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,095
    I overlooked your note about Rocket Player. That app seems to be just as cool as Poweramp so I would imagine there must be some settings within the app to configure the audio for disconnect.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate coolcoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lancashire ,England
    Posts
    83
    yeah rocket seems ok and is free
    the music will be played through 3.5 which will be left plugged in at all time (unless i take it out of car)

    tablet does not shut down just screen goes black (best i can do)

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate coolcoupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lancashire ,England
    Posts
    83
    what i need is when the car starts it starts up the tablet and starts carhome and rocket and starts playing music from where it ended,it should also start bluetooth and connect to my phone ..
    when powered down everything stops and screen goes black (turns off)

    any help would be great

  10. #10
    FLAC hexxamillion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcoupe View Post
    what i need is when the car starts it starts up the tablet and starts carhome and rocket and starts playing music from where it ended,it should also start bluetooth and connect to my phone ..
    when powered down everything stops and screen goes black (turns off)

    any help would be great
    So as I'm sure you see that there are steps for each of these actions. Regarding the music, I just tested a task that all it did was stop music. I started playing a track on poweramp then I tapped my new task widget and the music stopped playing.

    So perhaps rather than killing the music app try replacing that task with Category MEDIA > MEDIA CONTROL > then from the Cmd drop menu select "Stop" or "Pause" if you want it to resume the play. This simulates tapping the stop or pause button on the music player. I would imagine you should be able to do the opposite for starting.
    "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
    Current Proj:Android Mount in 2013 Altima
    Old Proj II
    Old Proj I
    YouTube:Project Videos
    Homepage: HexxWorld.net
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mega Squirt ECU monitoring
    By kraft in forum Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
  2. Mini Mac & a Mega Battery
    By AMC 96 TE Magna in forum MacCar
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
  3. MSI Mega 180
    By tczbu in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 11:46 PM
  4. MSI mega 651 PC with fm tuner loaded FS
    By Cartunes in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
  5. MSI Mega anyone?
    By kd6icz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •