Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 655
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Android Ultimate In-Car OEM System - Remote Bluetooth Touch, HDMI Mirroring

  1. #151
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    198
    Well that's not good to hear, I don't have LTE on my international GNex but everything else needs to work. Maybe I will have to install it stand alone without the module as well and see how it works out for me. If I do I will let you know.

    Thanks for the heads up though. By the way my other phone is a skyrocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptrout View Post
    I think I'm done and out. This has been a complete failure for me. The issues were GPS and battery life. Battery last about 1 freaking hour with Bluetooth, 4g LTE, HDMI out, screen on 10% brightness, and GPS on.which is rediculous.
    I have a skyrocket, Samsung galaxy s2. GPS works fine alone , locks to 12 sat indoors under 8 seconds. Hook up the mhl cable and the GPS dies. It it can barely lock to one or two says, and SNR becomes too great.so its basically impossible to use the GPS, enjoy the phone for more than an hour, not to even include the HDMI sync issues.

    Only way to salvage this project is to go back to my captivate phone, 3g , with analog audio and video out. No HDMI sync issues and almost useable GPS.

  2. #152
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Has anyone received the module yet?

  3. #153
    Newbie bebopblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    52
    I already cancelled a few weeks ago and already got my full refund. I'll keep coming back here to see if there are any progress to resolve this mess. This was such a great idea but fail on execution and delivery. Hope they figure it out in the near future.

  4. #154
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopblues View Post
    I already cancelled a few weeks ago and already got my full refund. I'll keep coming back here to see if there are any progress to resolve this mess. This was such a great idea but fail on execution and delivery. Hope they figure it out in the near future.
    I guess I'm still hanging on to them delivering it. I sent them an email today. Hopefully I'll get a response. They seemed to have stop responding to the thread as well.

  5. #155
    Newbie bebopblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by windraver View Post
    I guess I'm still hanging on to them delivering it. I sent them an email today. Hopefully I'll get a response. They seemed to have stop responding to the thread as well.
    My advice is if you already waited this long, there's no point in waiting. Just cancel it and get your money back. You can always re-order when they actually ship it to someone.

  6. #156
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopblues View Post
    My advice is if you already waited this long, there's no point in waiting. Just cancel it and get your money back. You can always re-order when they actually ship it to someone.
    From a business standpoint, small segment projects and products like this require investment to make them come to life. Considering the cost of economies, if we all canceled, there would be no financing leading to a project that will never come to be. On the contrary, there is the risk that it won't come to be regardless of the investment and I'll lose my money. I guess I'm playing with fire trying supporting innovation.

    Regardless, I suggest people hold off until someone receives their order

  7. #157
    Newbie bebopblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by windraver View Post
    From a business standpoint, small segment projects and products like this require investment to make them come to life. Considering the cost of economies, if we all canceled, there would be no financing leading to a project that will never come to be. On the contrary, there is the risk that it won't come to be regardless of the investment and I'll lose my money. I guess I'm playing with fire trying supporting innovation.

    Regardless, I suggest people hold off until someone receives their order
    I agree, and the reason the few of us that pre-ordered, rather than wait for release, is partly because we want to see it come to life and to support innovation. In my case, I think I patiently waited long enough and the lack of communications factored in my cancellation. One more thing, customgadz also sells the iPhone version of this, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think he did delivered on that product.

  8. #158
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampton, NH
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by windraver View Post
    From a business standpoint, small segment projects and products like this require investment to make them come to life. Considering the cost of economies, if we all canceled, there would be no financing leading to a project that will never come to be. On the contrary, there is the risk that it won't come to be regardless of the investment and I'll lose my money. I guess I'm playing with fire trying supporting innovation.

    Regardless, I suggest people hold off until someone receives their order
    Quote Originally Posted by bebopblues View Post
    I agree, and the reason the few of us that pre-ordered, rather than wait for release, is partly because we want to see it come to life and to support innovation. In my case, I think I patiently waited long enough and the lack of communications factored in my cancellation. One more thing, customgadz also sells the iPhone version of this, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think he did delivered on that product.
    From a buisiness standpoint, the whole way this thing has gone down is BS. If CustomGadz has actually developed this product and app, then he should be checking in with those who preordered, especially on this site. He was allowed to come on to a public forum, showcase his stuff, and advertise it at the same time. With the economy being so tough, people cant afford to throw money at empty promises. My biggest hang up with this, is that at one point he had stated that they had already started to ship (feel free to read through the posts). I wish you all the luck on getting your money back or hopefully your product. To those who have inveseted, please update the forum as you get info from him.

  9. #159
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    377
    Hi guys, Sorry for not reply the last day (10 posts later)

    For all you who have doubts about getting refunds, we have processed all refunds to date. Feel free to comment here if you didn't get one. We have already shipped Android modules to customers that didn't request the switcher add-on. Its easier for us at the moment to ship in common batches. Also being the Easter long weekend (Fri - Mon), the public holidays has prevented us from shipping during this time. That doesn't mean we stopped working though!

    As we previously stated, the shipping mistake was due to our new manufacturer informing us that they could make, test and ship the product within a short space of time which for them was impossible. We then got all the remaining stock (enough for pre-orders) and then tested them manually on our test jig. We marked items as shipped as we got confirmation from our manufacturer. To them "shipped" meant "completed testing!". Same as "original" means "original looking"!!! We longer deal with these guys anymore.

    Yes, we did successfully release and sell the iPhone version of the mimics (mp3car have been selling these for almost a year already)

    Thanks for all you guys that have been patient and yes, like we said (and we have have already) we still offer full refunds for anyone that is not happy in anyway.

    -Dave

  10. #160
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampton, NH
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    Hi guys, Sorry for not reply the last day (10 posts later)

    For all you who have doubts about getting refunds, we have processed all refunds to date. Feel free to comment here if you didn't get one. We have already shipped Android modules to customers that didn't request the switcher add-on. Its easier for us at the moment to ship in common batches. Also being the Easter long weekend (Fri - Mon), the public holidays has prevented us from shipping during this time. That doesn't mean we stopped working though!

    As we previously stated, the shipping mistake was due to our new manufacturer informing us that they could make, test and ship the product within a short space of time which for them was impossible. We then got all the remaining stock (enough for pre-orders) and then tested them manually on our test jig. We marked items as shipped as we got confirmation from our manufacturer. To them "shipped" meant "completed testing!". Same as "original" means "original looking"!!! We longer deal with these guys anymore.

    Yes, we did successfully release and sell the iPhone version of the mimics (mp3car have been selling these for almost a year already)

    Thanks for all you guys that have been patient and yes, like we said (and we have have already) we still offer full refunds for anyone that is not happy in anyway.

    -Dave

    So if I understand this correctly , the only "working" system that is available at this time, uses a stand alone screen? When do you "expect" to have a deliverable module w/ switcher, for those of us that want to hook into our oe screens? I just can't afford to throw money at something that is "in development".

Similar Threads

  1. Lilliput FA1012-NP/C/T 10.1" LCD Touch Screen Monitor With Multi Touch DVI HDMI Revie
    By jake5253 in forum MP3Car Products - store.mp3car.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
  2. Android OBD Bluetooth Reader
    By broken87262 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. Liliput 10" HDMI touch - any info?
    By HoSS in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 03:15 PM
  5. Ultimate System
    By dark_muppet in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 06:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •