Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 716
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Android Ultimate In-Car OEM System - Remote Bluetooth Touch, HDMI Mirroring

  1. #171
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    191
    Did they ship yet?

  2. #172
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Ordered at the beginning of January and I was order 38 so there really isn't much to go through. What I think is more questionable is who ordered the module only and "got it"

    I ordered it with a switcher.

  3. #173
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by windraver View Post
    Ordered at the beginning of January and I was order 38 so there really isn't much to go through. What I think is more questionable is who ordered the module only and "got it"

    I ordered it with a switcher.
    I was order 23 and have yet to receive a shipped out email with tracking. One thing that does concern me is the inability to connect A2DP while using the touchscreen. Won't this effectively mean that bluetooth music streaming, ie., Pandora and/or GPS voice-navigation will not work even though hands free should work? What is the point of having an Android display if these things will not stream the audio? Any thoughts?

  4. #174
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampton, NH
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by harlam View Post
    I was order 23 and have yet to receive a shipped out email with tracking. One thing that does concern me is the inability to connect A2DP while using the touchscreen. Won't this effectively mean that bluetooth music streaming, ie., Pandora and/or GPS voice-navigation will not work even though hands free should work? What is the point of having an Android display if these things will not stream the audio? Any thoughts?
    I asked the same question at first. You must have a phone capable of full HDMI mirroring. You connect hdmi to an analog converter or hdmi input in your screen/radio and get full control on the screen. The concept is outstanding, I would just like to hear from someone that has actually received one. All I've seen is a lot of empty promises.

  5. #175
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    I got my tracking number!!!

  6. #176
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by harlam View Post
    I was order 23 and have yet to receive a shipped out email with tracking. One thing that does concern me is the inability to connect A2DP while using the touchscreen. Won't this effectively mean that bluetooth music streaming, ie., Pandora and/or GPS voice-navigation will not work even though hands free should work? What is the point of having an Android display if these things will not stream the audio? Any thoughts?
    All devices can stream audio via A2DP while using the remote touch module. The issue is that some devices whilst streaming via A2DP tend to make the audio randomly skip. This is a result as A2DP being very demanding on the bluetooth hardware. Newer devices that have Bluetooth v4 support don't have this issue. All devices work perfectly with handsfree bluetooth while using our touch modules. You have the option of streaming audio via the HDMI connection or using A2DP (if device supports)

    Also, if anyone is having any issues with poor battery life and interference with GPS/WIFI/3G/4G while using the HDMI connection (only apparent with MHL cables) Make sure you use the original MHL and charging accessories. A common ground path between the Android device/vehicle/monitor does wonders.

    Hope this has cleared up some issues

  7. #177
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    All devices can stream audio via A2DP while using the remote touch module. The issue is that some devices whilst streaming via A2DP tend to make the audio randomly skip. This is a result as A2DP being very demanding on the bluetooth hardware. Newer devices that have Bluetooth v4 support don't have this issue. All devices work perfectly with handsfree bluetooth while using our touch modules. You have the option of streaming audio via the HDMI connection or using A2DP (if device supports)

    Also, if anyone is having any issues with poor battery life and interference with GPS/WIFI/3G/4G while using the HDMI connection (only apparent with MHL cables) Make sure you use the original MHL and charging accessories. A common ground path between the Android device/vehicle/monitor does wonders.

    Hope this has cleared up some issues
    That makes it much more practical. Do you have an idea which devices have the problem with the random skipping? I have an Evo 3D and have you had a chance to test it with this phone?

    In terms of the battery discharging, I have used my phone with a MHL connector and noticed the slow drain with both streaming music and GPS at the same time. Streaming music by itself does not seem to drain the battery quite as much. From my reading, it seems that the MHL specs themselves are limiting the amount of amps permitted by the connection, which is why it is slowly discharging with continued use. Someone correct me if this is wrong.

  8. #178
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Touchscreen compatibility

    I'm looking to buy a head unit that would be compatible with this setup, is there a list anywhere of people who've found success? Unfortunately, most manufacturers don't actively state much information about the touchscreen panels...

    Also, the mandatory..."Anybody get there's yet?"

  9. #179
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    I was searching for a double din unit with hdmi in but didn't find anything within a decent price range. I ended up building a single din flip up using this screen:
    http://www.mp3car.com/lcd-display/14...6-s-h-113.html

  10. #180
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4

    samsung galaxy s2

    I'm planning on getting this android module soon i wanted to ask anyone who have used this with their samsung galaxy s2 and had good results?
    were there any issues using this with their oem head unit and their phone?

Similar Threads

  1. Lilliput FA1012-NP/C/T 10.1" LCD Touch Screen Monitor With Multi Touch DVI HDMI Revie
    By jake5253 in forum MP3Car Products - store.mp3car.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM
  2. Android OBD Bluetooth Reader
    By broken87262 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
  3. Liliput 10" HDMI touch - any info?
    By HoSS in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 10:33 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
  5. Ultimate System
    By dark_muppet in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •