Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 707
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Android Ultimate In-Car OEM System - Remote Bluetooth Touch, HDMI Mirroring

  1. #581
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    I'm interested in purchasing just the mimicsx2. I already have a touch screen to interface with. Your site has said in stock and ready to ship since I came across your website last week. If it is indeed ready to ship out, I'll take a leap of faith and place my order. I asked the same question through your website, but never got a response..

  2. #582
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Received my MimicsX2...but forget about support!!

    After researching the MimicsX2 and waiting for it to become available, I finally decided to take a chance... I am a IT Technical Engineer for Zurich ...I have been in the IT Field for over 20 years. I have Hacked, modded or built many systems, from Microsoft, Nintendo, Android, Apple and the best of them. So back to my point. I waited 30 days or so and was excited to get this last part of my Car Multimedia System in place. I have added a GVIF interface to allow RGB, and Composite inputs into my OEM System. I have had no issue displaying IOS, Android and Windows on my monitor, I just hated using a wireless MOUSE with the interface. I hooked up my MimicsX2 and was able to get the PASS-THRU of the SWITCH to my OEM Touch Screen, however, the MimicsX2 module refuses to boot properly. I emailed Dave and he promptly replied advising the error sounds like the two WHITE wires to invoke HOME/BACK and Bluetooth pairing and my switch was to blame. I replaced the switch with a simple rocker switch, but still the MimicsX2 just keeps looping a boot process. Orange light for a few seconds, then Green light for a few seconds, then Red for a few seconds (Not the Bluetooth pairing RED). then powers off and starts the same process all over. I have emailed Dave 3-4 more times through his earlier response, then through his website interface. Not a single response. I suspect that the module is either defective or bricked. It did have to travel to the US and through several customs and stops along the way. There doesn't seem to be any recourse since I had to pay through PAYMATE. Dave, I could be a good customer and a testament to your products functionality, but with your lack of support and response, I will have to warn users to STAY AWAY at any cost, until Dave learns how to support his products.

  3. #583
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by ntakaya View Post
    This doesn't explain the total lack of response for the last 5 months, but now that I have your attention, yes, I would very much like a refund.

    Please let me know how I can get this processed since my payment went through PayPal.

    Thanks
    When i get back to office (tuesday) i will issue you a full refund via PayPal.

  4. #584
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by brentsten View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing just the mimicsx2. I already have a touch screen to interface with. Your site has said in stock and ready to ship since I came across your website last week. If it is indeed ready to ship out, I'll take a leap of faith and place my order. I asked the same question through your website, but never got a response..
    Hi, got your PM.. Sorry, this weekend haven't had a chance to reply. Anyway, will ship your order on Tuesday. You have my word like i said previously.

  5. #585
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by nopreference View Post
    After researching the MimicsX2 and waiting for it to become available, I finally decided to take a chance... I am a IT Technical Engineer for Zurich ...I have been in the IT Field for over 20 years. I have Hacked, modded or built many systems, from Microsoft, Nintendo, Android, Apple and the best of them. So back to my point. I waited 30 days or so and was excited to get this last part of my Car Multimedia System in place. I have added a GVIF interface to allow RGB, and Composite inputs into my OEM System. I have had no issue displaying IOS, Android and Windows on my monitor, I just hated using a wireless MOUSE with the interface. I hooked up my MimicsX2 and was able to get the PASS-THRU of the SWITCH to my OEM Touch Screen, however, the MimicsX2 module refuses to boot properly. I emailed Dave and he promptly replied advising the error sounds like the two WHITE wires to invoke HOME/BACK and Bluetooth pairing and my switch was to blame. I replaced the switch with a simple rocker switch, but still the MimicsX2 just keeps looping a boot process. Orange light for a few seconds, then Green light for a few seconds, then Red for a few seconds (Not the Bluetooth pairing RED). then powers off and starts the same process all over. I have emailed Dave 3-4 more times through his earlier response, then through his website interface. Not a single response. I suspect that the module is either defective or bricked. It did have to travel to the US and through several customs and stops along the way. There doesn't seem to be any recourse since I had to pay through PAYMATE. Dave, I could be a good customer and a testament to your products functionality, but with your lack of support and response, I will have to warn users to STAY AWAY at any cost, until Dave learns how to support his products.
    I sent you several emails (like you said) and i thought the issue was resolved. The light sequence you are describing looks appears to be a the mode when the two white wires (external back button) is pressed at startup. Seems to be stuck in that position for some reason. You didnt connect the white wire to power by accident? Maybe could of damaged the signal input. Anyway, i will dig up you emails and get you address and send you a replacement before Tuesday. When you get the new one up and running you can send the one that doesn't work correctly back for analysis.

  6. #586
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    I sent you several emails (like you said) and i thought the issue was resolved. The light sequence you are describing looks appears to be a the mode when the two white wires (external back button) is pressed at startup. Seems to be stuck in that position for some reason. You didnt connect the white wire to power by accident? Maybe could of damaged the signal input. Anyway, i will dig up you emails and get you address and send you a replacement before Tuesday. When you get the new one up and running you can send the one that doesn't work correctly back for analysis.

  7. #587
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Blinking sequence

    Since the instructions are pretty clear not to hook up anything but a switch to the two white switch wires I would never apply power to a circuit that is designed for a switch, that would go against all my years of training :-) I initially used the OPTIONAL POWER on the Mimics board, but changed it to power input on the switch. But that didn't make any difference.

  8. #588
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    When i get back to office (tuesday) i will issue you a full refund via PayPal.
    Thank you, Dave. I will look out for the payment.

  9. #589
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    False tracking tracking information was a typo error as I have already clarified to you in the past. Please read carefully.
    When you read the last 30 pages you will also find that everyone that complained has either receive the product or got refunded. Please keep you information up to date if you wish say anything negative.

    Happy mid-autumn day!
    I was given false tracking information as well and did not receive anything to this day not even a reply but to my surprise this thread gets responded to

  10. #590
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by customGadz View Post
    When i get back to office (tuesday) i will issue you a full refund via PayPal.
    Dave, I've waited a few days already, but I don't see any refund in my PayPal account.
    When do you think you can process this?

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Lilliput FA1012-NP/C/T 10.1" LCD Touch Screen Monitor With Multi Touch DVI HDMI Revie
    By jake5253 in forum MP3Car Products - store.mp3car.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM
  2. Android OBD Bluetooth Reader
    By broken87262 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
  3. Liliput 10" HDMI touch - any info?
    By HoSS in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 10:33 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
  5. Ultimate System
    By dark_muppet in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •