Android Ultimate In-Car OEM System - Remote Bluetooth Touch, HDMI Mirroring
We all know that in car tablet integration changes you entertainment experience dramatically... But what if your in-car OEM system already has a display with/without a touchscreen, and replacing that is not viable due to you current system depending on your factory dash display?. Things such as climate controls, factory instruments are difficult to replace.
What if you could use your Android device to "merge" with your current OEM system so you can actually control and view your android device on your OEM monitor! If needed you can seamlessly switch between your OEM display and Android device.
So what are the benefits?
- Installation is much easier, most installs won't require custom dash inserts.
- If you change your Android device your infotainment system will change also, making upgrading a breeze.
- If you vehicle has bluetooth you can pair your phone with you OEM system, which will allow you to see who's calling and answer calls regardless of which mode you are in.
- No need to learn to a system, if you know your phone you will know your entertainment sytem.
What you need to install:
The Android bluetooth touch module need to be connected to your OEM touchscreen (with/without "switcher add-on"). It also needs power from your ACC input.
If your factory system has a display but no touchscreen, you can use just an overlay so you can control your device.
If your factory system has a display and a touchscreen, you can use the "switcher" add-on to retain you OEM screen controls.
What about the video input?
If you Android device has TVOut capability then this should interface directly with most factory systems, otherwise you will need a converter.
If your Android device has HDMI output (most new ones do) you will need to convert the HDMI to the correct video signal that your factory system can use.
So how do I switch between the two?
1. The module has a dock sensing input that can be used to switch between your to systems simply by docking/un-docking your phone. This same input will need to be connected to your OEM AUX video trigger to switch the video.
2. You can use a manual switch to toggle between the two systems.
3. Alternatively you can use one of your factory buttons to switch between modes.
So can you use this as a standalone device?
Yes you can. Installation will require a monitor + touchscreen. No video converter will be needed as you can connect the device directly to the HDMI/TVOut input of the monitor.
You will need some kind of amp, its actually easier to use a single din headunit (if you have room) as you will have an amp, radio and convenient controls.
Here is a demonstration of the Android device being remotely controlled using a standard double-din insert with monitor.
Supported fully tested devices .. So far
[Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4]
[Motorola ATRIX] - Requires Mod to enable mirroring
[Droid RAZR Maxx]
All iOS devices up to 6.1.2 (Jailbreak required)
.. and more
***** WHAT'S NEW *****
Current released stable firmware = v1.2.8.
v1.2.9 - In progress, will be released soon
-Added low level firmware driver for two types 10.1" capacitive touchscreens
-Improved touch response
v1.2.8 - 18-July-2013
-Android/iOS now have one separate firmware file each (Re-pair/recalibrate required)
-Fixed a very tedious timing bug
v1.2.7 - 29-June-2013
-Added support for Samsung Galaxy S4
-Added support for LG Optimus G Pro (all versions)
-Fixed calibration bug for iOS
-Updated to new version control system
-Minor bug fix from previous version for iOS
-Fixed random "auto home" issue on specific touchscreen orientation.
-Fixed touchscreen accuracy bug
-Added detection for incorrect resistive touchscreen installation. Red & Green LED will flash
if error is detected.
-Unified Resistive/capacitive support for all resistive and combo capacitive
-6 second cold-boot bluetooth auto pairing
-Fully supported "swipe/tap from clock" "Home" button. Double tap or swipe to activate task switcher
-Completely re-wrote touch algorithm for more stable operation
-First stable release
v1.0.0 - 1.2.0
-Initial beta testing Release
*Official Google play app almost done* - No root needed
Currently complete features:
- Auto Landscape rotate & lock (on devices that don't already do this)
- Auto dimming
- Auto launch favorite application on connection
Still in progress:
- Automated screen calibration utility
- Option to swap HOME/BACK button feature
- Volume preset on connection