THE OPPORTUNITY: Software Engineer
Salary: Market rates or higher. Salary dependent on experience
LOCATION: Baltimore / Washington DC metro area. Our office is small and telecommuting is encouraged, applicants should be able to come into office at least twice a week though.
StreetDeck Software Developer will work as part of the core StreetDeck team. We are a small, but growing company working on the bleeding of in car technology. StreetDeck is an in-vehicle PC application that provides navigation, multimedia, and blue tooth phone support to x86 based PCs (http://www.streetdeck.com). The developer must quickly develop an understanding of StreetDeck, In-Vehicle Computing, and designing and developing the latest in in-vehicle infotainment technology. The StreetDeck developer must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative on tasks supporting StreetDeck.
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated and interested in car computing. Primary responsibilities would include:
-Develop additional functionality as required for the core application.
-Develop addins requested by clients that work within the core application
-Test modules in both lab and real world environments
-Communicating directly with clients to develop specifications
-Providing both end user documentation and internal programming documentation for developed modules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and at least 1 year related work experience.
- Knowledge of OpenGL, Direct3D, or 3D programming in general.
- Self managed and able to perform complete tasks given only high level requirements.
- Ability to work comfortably as an individual to complete specific tasks and communicate progress and time lines effectively to management remotely
- Advanced experience developing in C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with MFC and / or the Microsoft Windows API
- Prior experience developing navigation systems
- Prior experience with multimedia programming / DirectShow API / Windows Media Player API
- Prior experience with in car computers or embedded systems
- Working knowledge of MPEG / H264 codecs
- Working knowledge of the windows driver model and hardware in windows
- General computer system configuration and operating system image creation knowledge
- Prior experience with Windows XP Embedded
- Prior experience with anything StreetDeck does (http://www.streetdeck.com)
- Prior experience with anything MP3car.com does (http://www.mp3car.com)
Relocation Assistance May Be Available.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
A youtube video of StreetDeck in use: