Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Final Ipad install in my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

  1. #51
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have the beta unit but I am having problems getting my laptop to communicate with it through a remote terminal. I have yet to hook it up to the car as there is no point until I can communicate through the COM port. I hope to make better progress soon...

  2. #52
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Some updated pics(inside and out)

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

  3. #53
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasNate View Post
    I have the beta unit but I am having problems getting my laptop to communicate with it through a remote terminal. I have yet to hook it up to the car as there is no point until I can communicate through the COM port. I hope to make better progress soon...
    Interesting that the device supports two trims and two years. from what I understand about the GMLAN, different cars of different years or different trims can have widely different module addresses which would make a device like this not work unless it knew ahead of time the modules for the specific year. I suppose it's possible that those two model years and trips would have the same modules...

    Too bad that isn't going to work with other GM vehicles . Did the creator of the device post the codes somewhere? it'd be cool to get some learning from what he did.

    Love the look of the car. What mod's have you made to it?
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  4. #54
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    WOW, absolutely loved the wheels, exquisite. Just think they're a tad too large for the tires (they look too thin), but that's my taste only.

    Long and low, classy and sporty at the same time. Love the black patches on the hood, and on the side windows, well thought out.

    Nice car. Can't comment much on the inside shots, did you use a phone or you let the morning fog in your ride? How's the steering on these things, good feedback and nicely weighted? I heard the previous Pontiac GTO were soft and lacking in all that, but I heard great things of the new Cadillacs -V so...just curious, here.


    Thanks for posting the pictures, very nice car.

  5. #55
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tripzero View Post
    Interesting that the device supports two trims and two years. from what I understand about the GMLAN, different cars of different years or different trims can have widely different module addresses which would make a device like this not work unless it knew ahead of time the modules for the specific year. I suppose it's possible that those two model years and trips would have the same modules...

    Too bad that isn't going to work with other GM vehicles . Did the creator of the device post the codes somewhere? it'd be cool to get some learning from what he did.

    Love the look of the car. What mod's have you made to it?
    Thanks, the guy doing this has decided to make a lcd controller specific to the G8 and the reason for not making public the codes was for liability reasons. These modules are programmed to the VIN of each car.

    Some of the mods I have done: mild camshaft, LS7 lifters, Dual springs, valve job, heads milled, full headers back exhaust, Magnacharger TVS 2300 Supercharger

    Waiting to go in: Meth injection kit, twin in-tank fuel pump system, rebuilt/upgraded tranny

    Right now its making 612hp to the rear wheels and hoping to get close to 700whp with my next round of mods...then I swear I'm done

    [IMG][/IMG]

  6. #56
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Wow! I thought that was a super charger on that but wasn't sure. I'm impressed that the car can take all the hp with the stock tranny. Are you doing the rebuild/upgrade just to be safe or is there a real fear that the stock tranny won't cut it?

    I can understand not wanting to post the codes because he's selling a product. I'm making progress reverse engineering, but it's very time consuming and I've got to get ready for AFK fest.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  7. #57
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tripzero View Post
    Wow! I thought that was a super charger on that but wasn't sure. I'm impressed that the car can take all the hp with the stock tranny. Are you doing the rebuild/upgrade just to be safe or is there a real fear that the stock tranny won't cut it?

    I can understand not wanting to post the codes because he's selling a product. I'm making progress reverse engineering, but it's very time consuming and I've got to get ready for AFK fest.
    I have pretty much broken the trans after too many track passes! Right now I can drive it in manual shift mode but can't shift past 3rd gear because the stock clutches are essentially melted together. So the trans is a must do mod.

    The wheels are 20's but I just got a new Coilover suspension installed which lowered the height quite a bit. There is more tire than what you can actually see.

  8. #58
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    WOW, absolutely loved the wheels, exquisite. Just think they're a tad too large for the tires (they look too thin), but that's my taste only.

    Long and low, classy and sporty at the same time. Love the black patches on the hood, and on the side windows, well thought out.

    Nice car. Can't comment much on the inside shots, did you use a phone or you let the morning fog in your ride? How's the steering on these things, good feedback and nicely weighted? I heard the previous Pontiac GTO were soft and lacking in all that, but I heard great things of the new Cadillacs -V so...just curious, here.


    Thanks for posting the pictures, very nice car.
    Yeah, I know the inside shots are bad. I took them with a 3GS in bad lighting. I'm working on better inside shots.

  9. #59
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    1
    Alright, I got the custom HVAC touchscreen controller mounted and hooked up. This allows me to make all climate control changes without needing the factory head unit installed anymore. It talks to the low speed bus and works as if it were stock. Here are some pics and a video...

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41flUdJv8L8



    See ya at the 2010 SEMA show!!!!

  10. #60
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    19
    Sick install Vegas! I like the "pass" videos on uTube u have as well.
    Nick work, wish I could get some $$ to finish my crap!
    Current Project:
    2012 Silver DodgeRAM CrewCab HEMI
    16gb 8.9" ATT 4g LTE Galaxy Tab w/Custom fabricated dash.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
  2. Centrafuse 2.0 Final
    By Jan_RedGTiVR6 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
  3. Canīt get DirectX to work
    By Linde in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
  4. SD crashes on startup
    By mangus580 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •