EEE CarPC Surveillance System.
Hi all... Newbie here...
I have been thinking of this idea for a very long time, wondering whether the concept feasible before i embark into this project.
*. this is just a rough idea, i hasn't got any hardware yet... :P
1) Asus EEE 901 (20gb SSD + 5800mAh battery)
2) Linksys WVC54GCA IP Camera
3) Cross RJ45 cable.
4) USB 3.5G modem. (Optional)
5) 2 or 3 Webcam (Optional)
1) Set static IP for both EEE and IP Camera.
2) Enable wake-on-LAN on the EEE.
3) Set "wake up capabilities" to "Both" in the LAN card option.
4) Set up FTP** in the EEE.
5) Enable motion-detect on the WVC54GCA.
6) Save Photo / video to FTP** upon detecting motion.
7) Connect EEE n IP Camera via the cross RJ45 Cable.
8) Place the IP camera at the rear dash board facing front.
9) Put EEE into standby mode running on battery.
10) When motion detect by the IP cam, wake up the EEE and save the image/video.
** i not sure if Linksys WVC54GCA support "save to shared folder" but it do support FTP. I tested shared folder access with 2 PCs, it is able to wake up the PC whenever the other trying to access its shared folder...
Will this concept work as planned?
Any comments? :)