Intel D945GCLF2D motherboard
by, 05-18-2009 at 12:28 PM (2813 Views)
Some forum members were already talking about this mobo but I thought I would shine some light on the subject. I had a chance to play a little bit with it and see if it's working etc.
Form factor Mini-ITX /micro-ATX compatible
Processor Integrated Intel® Atom™ processor 330 with a 533 MHz system bus
* One 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
* Support for DDR2 533/667 MHz DIMMs
* Support for up to 2 GBΣ of system memory
Chipset Intel® 945GC Express Chipset and
Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7 (ICH7)
* Eight USB 2.0 ports
* Two Serial SATA ports (3.0 GB/s)
* One parallel ATA IDE interface with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100 support
* One serial port
* One parallel port
* PS/2* keyboard and mouse ports
I tested this board with the following config:
- 80 gig seagate SATA hdd
- 300 w power supply
- 2g of DDR2 800MHz Buffalo ram (1 stick)
- Dell mouse and keyboard (both usb)
- memorex external DVD via usb
The board was able to install XP Home flawlessly, and so far, is very quick. Startup time 46.8 seconds and shutdown time was 8.5 seconds.
You can't look at this board without comparing it to the previous LF2 model.
Unfortunately the only thing I was able to find, along with others here on the forum, the S-Video is the only difference. The previous model has it and is priced on newegg for 79.99 and this model doesn't have priced at 76.99 on newegg.
So it seems for $3 less you can get a board without S-Video. Why not include DVI or display port on the next model?
Talk about this, and see other pictures on our forums