| || |
- 8am-11am (11:30am BBQ starts about 2 miles west)
- Bring your ticket. We are almost "sold out" of the free tickets.
- 5 Speakers, 36 minutes allocated to each speaker including setup time.
- 20-30 minutes of presentation, remaining time will be used for Q&A
- Coffee, Fruit and pastries will be available..
8am - 8:36am
|Vitaliy Maksimov – What is "OBD", anyway? |
- What is OBD
- OBD Applications
- Getting at the data
- Future of OBD
- Other Resources & Links to check out
8:36am - 9:12am
|Cabe Sipes - Experiences in car audio – Installing for an audience |
- Mp3car Founder Robert Wray interviews Cabe Sipes about his days at MTV and Rock the Boat
- Audience Q&A
9:12am - 9:48am
|Eric Brier - Underserved Computing Markets |
- The white-space between mobile handsets and laptop/desktop.
- Designing for environments where a traditional mouse & keyboard are not desirable.
- Alternate Inputs: Touch, Voice, Hardware Button, Remote
- Market Trends: Broadband Connectivity, Convergence, Moore's Law
- New Computing Markets: Auto, Air, Hotels, Boating, Kitchen, Restaurant/Bar, etc…
9:48am - 10:24am
|Mark Miller |
- Capacitors, power systems.
- How to get the best car computer sound quality with a budget.
- Things to think about before starting your project or contacting an installer
10:24am - 11:00am
|Silvio Fiorito– Windows Embedded in the mobile environment. What is it (101), tips, tricks, best practices, DIY. |
- What is windows embedded, the history, background, architecture
- How to develop a windows embedded image
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Windows embedded
- Other tools and DIY windows embedded
- Performance and reliability optimizations
- Gui Customizations for the OEM look
- XP embed with Solid State disks and USB
- Audience Q/A
11:30am - 4pm
| |mp3Car BBQ and Car Computer Show at Fort McHenry, Baltimore, MD with Centrafuse, Scantool and many other companies from the mp3Car Community. Get a Free Ticket See map below.Confirmed Attendees
Car judging for the best of show contest and prizes awarded. Best car of the show contest - Thousands of dollars in prizes. There will be a first, second and third place prize. Prizes have been donated by mp3Car, Centrafuse, Scantool, Mo-Co-So, and Lilliput. Contest rules
- You Must bring your car to the event.
- You Must have your car listed in the "Show off your project" section on the mp3Car Forums with 10 photos and some written information.
- Voting by the attendees the day of the event.
- Prize pack to be provided to the winners at the event.
| |mp3Car lab & Office Tour, and get a Free Ticket (required as seating is limited).
Lodging & Site seeing:
What to bring:
| || |
- Your car to enter the contest
- Beach towel or chair
- Your ticket (digital copy is fine)
- A camera
- A friend
Getting There and Parking:
- Fort McHenry National Park Navigate to 2400 East Fort Avenue, 21230 (see map below)
- mp3Car office - Navigate to 2400 Boston Street, 21224 (see map below)
| ||If you have any questions about the events while you are in town, please call Heather at (410) 526-2852 ext. 317. This extension is for AFKFest event related questions only not covered on the events page. Please e-mail [email protected] for sales or customer service related questions. |
| ||In the event of rain, the BBQ will be held in our office building parking lot. Office is located at 2400 Boston ST, Baltimore. This page will be updated the day of the event to disclose the change in location of the BBQ in the event of inclement weather. Please check here before coming. Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone there! |
| |All events are free, however we ask that you get a Free Ticket for each event for planning purposes.