tips for using boomzbox w/ RR DFX4.0 skin
got it up and working the supplied software works great. Now I want to control it from my front end.
using Riderunner and DFX4.0.
here are some issues I've run into with the DFX 4.0 HD radio skin and Boomzbox:
- had to change "radioport" to "HDradioport" in rr.ini. other wise RR would give an error message saying HD radio port is "0" on startup and would hang when trying to exit. I thought "radioport" was supported in latest?
- can only use the tune + and - buttons on the HD radio skin. no other buttons control the tuner (i.e. "band"..etc, "scan" works though)
- transparencies are broken with the dimmer is on. so the text is cutoff, i.e. the frequency text for one.
- not sure what bottom buttons <<| and |>> are supposed to do (tune + and -?)
- signal strength indicators in the skin aren't working
- black box in the middle. is this supposed to be for station information?
- I'd like to make the blanked out play/pause button just shortcut back to the radio skin once I get this all working. I think I can figure that part out though.
- The HD radio skin for DFX 4.0 is kind of a junky layout. Too many buttons imo. could be simplified by having some of the less frequently used buttons on a secondary screen. this will be my longer term goal to simplify this.
so my first objective is to get all the buttons in the skin actually controlling the tuner. anybody got any pointers?