Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Bruno Speech Recognition BETA v1.3

  1. #21
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    232
    I'm working on it.
    I have a few ideas on re-arranging the INI builder, and making it easier to use on an 7" screen.

    I will probably have to set one of my monitors to 800x600 and experiment.

    edit: yea i just tested it, that is horrible.

    I will have the program auto-detect 800x600 and run a different layout, probably a full screen one.
    If you are on 640x480, you might just want to configure the program on your desktop computer and have BSR run in the taskbar.

  2. #22
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    I can't get 1.3 to do anything, not even the music.ini original file is working...I just get a sound similar to "pla pla pla....".
    1.2 was working fine with the edited music.ini.

  3. #23
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    I can't get 1.3 to do anything, not even the music.ini original file is working...I just get a sound similar to "pla pla pla....".
    1.2 was working fine with the edited music.ini.
    I'm not understanding this... you just hear "pla pla pla" over and over again?

    What version of SAPI do you have? Try uninstalling BSR1.3, and downloading again. At one point i had up a buggy version, but I updated it within 10 minutes. You might have downloaded that.

    If that doesn't work, try uninstalling everything speech related and re-installing it. That worked for BugByte.

    BTW. Complete recode on the INI editor. 30% finished...

  4. #24
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkDaMonkMan
    I'm not understanding this... you just hear "pla pla pla" over and over again?

    What version of SAPI do you have? Try uninstalling BSR1.3, and downloading again. At one point i had up a buggy version, but I updated it within 10 minutes. You might have downloaded that.

    If that doesn't work, try uninstalling everything speech related and re-installing it. That worked for BugByte.

    BTW. Complete recode on the INI editor. 30% finished...


    Thanks Josh, that did it, I must've cought the buggy version...
    Nice to hear about the progress.



    Today I tried to make Centrafuse to work with your software, since Centrafuse uses hotkeys I figured it woudn't be a biggie. So I created a new ini file (I found that I can move the window with the mouse, but with the TS it won't move, and I can see a little of the ok button, so I can press it with the mouse). I made a master command:

    [open]
    centrafuse=c:\program files\fluxmedia\centrafuse\centrafuse.exe

    and then, I thought I didn't want to use a master command when the program was running I made the master command independent.

    [independent]
    main menu=Ctrl+Shift+Z
    music=Ctrl+Shift+M
    GPS=Ctrl+Shift+G
    ................
    ................and so on.
    The problem is they won't work, what am I doing wrong?

    Also, some howkeys from Centrafuse work with the arrow keys, like next is Ctrrl+Alt+Right. Can BSR recognize it as a hotkey in this case?

  5. #25
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Also, if I may a little suggestion, could you make the minimize button a little more touch screen friendly?

  6. #26
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    I found that if BSR was the focus application, the hotkeys won't work. You have to select Centrafuse before the hotkeys will take effect. Not sure if that helps, but I experienced similar symptoms with Frodo until I switched focus over to it.

    Also, Cris, do you have a HU? I do and I've found that turning the volume down can make the program recognize better in certain cases. Just wondering how well it would work for someone without a HU.

    Looking at the hypothesis line, my rig can quite often hear me say "iBug" but can get confused the longer the sentence. Maybe a feature that one could set that would turn the volume down some amount (user defined) when the user speaks a master command?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  7. #27
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    Thanks Josh, that did it, I must've cought the buggy version...
    Nice to hear about the progress.



    Today I tried to make Centrafuse to work with your software, since Centrafuse uses hotkeys I figured it woudn't be a biggie. So I created a new ini file (I found that I can move the window with the mouse, but with the TS it won't move, and I can see a little of the ok button, so I can press it with the mouse). I made a master command:

    [open]
    centrafuse=c:\program files\fluxmedia\centrafuse\centrafuse.exe

    and then, I thought I didn't want to use a master command when the program was running I made the master command independent.

    [independent]
    main menu=Ctrl+Shift+Z
    music=Ctrl+Shift+M
    GPS=Ctrl+Shift+G
    ................
    ................and so on.
    The problem is they won't work, what am I doing wrong?

    Also, some howkeys from Centrafuse work with the arrow keys, like next is Ctrrl+Alt+Right. Can BSR recognize it as a hotkey in this case?
    if you want a function key to be held down you need to write (ctrl)text
    if you want multiple function keys to be held down it needs to be (ctrl)(shift)text

    the ini editor does this automatically for ONE function key, v1.31 will have an option to automatically enter a second and third function key.

    It may be possible to add a larger minimize key.. i'll look at that after some other features.

    Hint: Use the "test this action" button to make sure your stuff works before trying to program. It saves time.

  8. #28
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    I found that if BSR was the focus application, the hotkeys won't work. You have to select Centrafuse before the hotkeys will take effect. Not sure if that helps, but I experienced similar symptoms with Frodo until I switched focus over to it.

    Also, Cris, do you have a HU? I do and I've found that turning the volume down can make the program recognize better in certain cases. Just wondering how well it would work for someone without a HU.

    Looking at the hypothesis line, my rig can quite often hear me say "iBug" but can get confused the longer the sentence. Maybe a feature that one could set that would turn the volume down some amount (user defined) when the user speaks a master command?

    I have a HU, and that mute button on it works magic with BSR...



    Quote Originally Posted by FunkDaMonkMan
    if you want a function key to be held down you need to write (ctrl)text
    if you want multiple function keys to be held down it needs to be (ctrl)(shift)text

    the ini editor does this automatically for ONE function key, v1.31 will have an option to automatically enter a second and third function key.

    It may be possible to add a larger minimize key.. i'll look at that after some other features.

    Hint: Use the "test this action" button to make sure your stuff works before trying to program. It saves time.

    Thanks Josh!!!

    Will the mic problem be fixed in the upcomming version?

  9. #29
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Thanks, the () did the trick. However the Hotkeys that contain the arrow keys, for example, (ctrl)(shift)right, whch is next, don't work... Why?

  10. #30
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    This is the fourth time I got this unfortunatly...:

    Run-time error '-2147200961 (8004503f)':

    Method '...'* of 'object '...' failed.



    *can't do that symbol...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •