BU-353 help with SirfDEMO
To people who don't know how to use sirfdemo, PLEASE DONT HELP ME AS YOU YOURSELF WILL SCREW UP YOUR GPS, I know what I am doing :)
I need a copy of the almanac and Ephemeris file from another BU-353 host
!!!!DO NOT CLICK ANY MENU OPTIONS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!
Steps to be done:
1) download latest surfdemo (attached to this post)
2) when you open it, you get the connection screen, choose your com port and baud rate 4800.
3) From Action Menu, you should see Open Data Source, the GPS data will start appearing.
4) You need to switch to Sirf mode to download the almanac and ephemeris data from the BU-353 (which mine is corrupt is why i need a copy). So from Action menu again, select Switch to Surf Protocol, NMEA window will stop scrolling, and the Sirf binary window data will start running.
5) Goto Poll menu, then select Almanac, and save the file. Do that for Ephemeris also.
6) please host those files here....
7) Don't forget to switch back to NMEA from Action menu, "Switch to NMEA Protocol" select baud 4800 from the drop list, then SEND.
8) you may close surfdemo :)
Please get me those 2 files i want to try to ressurect my BU-353 heheheh