Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 139

Thread: Induced noise/Ground loop trouble shooting guide.

  1. #61
    Variable Bitrate nemo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    314
    Nomader,

    I have tried to ground them together but failed. The noise is still there, maybe I have grounded the wrong wire. From your diagram part C is different from mine, so I just find the only black cable and ground it to the same point as I did for CPU case. Could it be the grounding of the case is not good enough that is causing the problem. After that I used the isolator and the sound goes away.

    When I increase the volume from the HU, seems like the volume level is unchanged. If I have input to the HU thru AUX, shouldn't the volume increase when I increase volume of HU? I have connected output of sound card to the female RCA of my HU. There is another stereo like mini jack, don't know what is it for and should I connect output to that input.

    I can't find the manual for my HU. Model is HEIDELBERG CM127, only found HEIDELBERG CD

    Please Help

    Thanks

    Please Help.

  2. #62
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,294
    when you use the Aux in of the HU the volume should increase.. have not seen that before. the mini jack should be the AUX in.. i think the RCA are the low level OUT to output sound to go to an amplifier.. try the mini jack.. but strangely you have sound when you use the rca??!!

  3. #63
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,294
    another thing i noticed is that you should place your ground loop isolator as far as possible from the HU and the PC.. whenever it comes within a distance of 30-40 cm to either of them it starts to bring noise!!!

    today i removed the hard disk noise from my setup... don't ask me how but I just muted the CD volume knob in windows volume control!!!! now no more Hard disk noise as well

  4. #64
    Variable Bitrate nemo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    314
    Using the mini jack gives very low volume. Using the RCA and the sound level is high.

    I have found the ground wire for my HU, connect it to where I ground my PC casing and the noise goes away but not all of them. I have also noticed that using the ground loop isolator actually decreases the sound level.

    The noise is still there although suppressed a lot. How can I reduce it even more? Could it be the grounding of the components in my PC. I have to make sure a good contact for all the components to CPU casing right?

    Nomader how do you find out noise is coming from hard disk? I would like to try on mine setup.

    Thanks!!

  5. #65
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo1
    Using the mini jack gives very low volume. Using the RCA and the sound level is high.

    I have found the ground wire for my HU, connect it to where I ground my PC casing and the noise goes away but not all of them. I have also noticed that using the ground loop isolator actually decreases the sound level.

    The noise is still there although suppressed a lot. How can I reduce it even more? Could it be the grounding of the components in my PC. I have to make sure a good contact for all the components to CPU casing right?

    Nomader how do you find out noise is coming from hard disk? I would like to try on mine setup.

    Thanks!!
    hard disk noise is different.. it sounds just like a hard disk spinning but loud it is not a buzzing sound or a whine.. it is audible when the hard disk is spinning.. try to do a large file copy and see if the noise is introduced.

  6. #66
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14
    Hey you all ..........same problem here F..noise..... mine is horrible..when I'm playing videos/musci tracks the 2/3 second interval going to next song sounds like an avalanch of rocks...does this thing works???? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zycTnNt...se&i=127SNI135..........

  7. #67
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado3030
    Hey you all ..........same problem here F..noise..... mine is horrible..when I'm playing videos/musci tracks the 2/3 second interval going to next song sounds like an avalanch of rocks...does this thing works???? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zycTnNt...se&i=127SNI135..........

    Did you follow any of the steps in the first post?

  8. #68
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    I have to say guys...FORGET THE iPod!!!!!!!!! I bought a Creative Zen Vision:M and I tell you...sound/image quality (plays movies as well) is absolutely amazing! I bought a Boss HU, installed it, plugged in my Zen and away I went.

    Again,

    FORGET IPOD!

    GO CREATIVE!!!

    Moridin

  9. #69
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    How can you tell any difference when you're using it on a boss hu?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  10. #70
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Red GTi VR6 View Post
    How can you tell any difference when you're using it on a boss hu?

Similar Threads

  1. I tried everything, can't get rid of this ground loop
    By intense in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 08:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •