I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure this out, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help out.
Here's what I have:

2x 10" Alpine Type-R's
1x 700w Rockford Fosgate Punch ( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yFCWuM5...&i=575700S#Tab )

Here's what happened:
I recently noticed that my subs werent hitting hard, but I knew at least one (if not both) were working, as I could barely tell. So on my way home after work I decided to check, just so I wasn't always wondering. I get home, pop my hatch, the sub (let's name them #1 and #2) #1 isn't working, and #2 is working perfect. So I decide to try #2 (working) in #1's spot (wiring, connected as the right side). I see no visual damage on the subs, no burning, nothing. Since it was working 5mins before, I figured it would work again in that spot, it didn't. So I instanly think faulty wiring, and I check #1 in #2's spot to make sure it's working. It doesn't work. I'm kind of confused at this point, but it seems as #1 sub is dead, and the wiring is faulty for #1's spot (related?). So I put #2 back into it's original spot, where it was working before, but this time it does the same thing as in spot #1. I pull it all out, rewire from the amp back, and both of the subs do exactly the same thing. What happens is the subs seem to work (they bounce to the beat ), but are at such a low volume that you have to basically hold them to tell if they are working. I've checked my deck, my voltage is 12.4 at the front of the amp, it lights up fine, the fuse near my battery is perfect, the ground seems to be fine. It doesn't make sense to me!

I called around, some people said it sounded like the amp, but they couldn't tell over the phone, the subs don't make any sounds like it would if blown. The part that I dont understand is that one sub was working FINE when I got home. I pulled out the bad one, put the good one in that spot, and now none of them work in either spot. I opened up the amp, I don't exactly know what I'm looking for, but I didn't see any signs of excessive heat or burning.

No idea what to do (except try another amp, which I don't exactly have access to), and hopefully someone here can make my day.

Thanks,
Bill