Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone with a Pioneer CD-BTB200?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    55

    Anyone with a Pioneer CD-BTB200?

    If so any comment about it? thanks

    if you have picture os the interface I would apreciated it thanks


  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Moved to Car Audio.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Wants to make it harder monkeyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lakehood, CO
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks for the move DP...

    I'm looking into this one as well for my DEH-P590IB (which is btw one of the best pio decks out there, bang for the buck. $240 for something similar to the 7series pio's from even last year, which were going for somewhere near $400. I used to have the 730, then the 740, was looking at the 780 and the 590/690, didn't need the color oel because of the puter, and all the extra power would be for sound comps, but I don't compete (yet?) so didn't need that. Great deck if someone is looking for a pio with great price/feature ratio.)

    If you go to pioneerelectronics.com you can view the manual to see the menus of what it's capable of. Nice that it can do A2DP.

    A review for this would be great.
    2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
    Car PC Progress:
    Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
    Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
    Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
    RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
    View my
    Worklog
    Road Runner Skins
    Website
    Favorite thread EVER!

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    752
    I dont know if this will help you much, but I recently installed one of pioneer's decks that has the bluetooth integrated into the deck with seprate mic. I cannot recall the model number right now nor do I have pics, but maybe the interface is similar.

    First off, given that the mic is similar, in my opinion the mic's mount wasnt as tight as I'd like it to be and it only had one adjustible position axis, which made install position limited. But the interface was pretty nice. Paring your device was pretty simple. You can save/manage up to 3 different phones to the bluetooth. You can access the menu to the bluetooth's controlls directly by swithing the source and accessing the menu normally (in this case pushing in the volume button). While the phone is connected a picture of a phone is displayed and I believe the name of the phone is also displayed. When you receive a call the sound is ATT and to accept the call just push in the center button and the volume of the call is output to the front speakers only loud and clear. When the call is disconnected it reverts back to the radio. One of my only gripes about this was the mic, and the inability to adjust the mic's volume leading me to have to speak in a higher tone. Then again I was testing this by myself, trying to speak and hear at the same interval, and with a cordless phone which had poor volume out of the speaker already. Also I remember you can input a number into the deck to dial. I don't recall if you can load your contact list because of my time limitations, but I was testing it with my motorolla which is limited to what functions it can provide though bluetooth so I dont believe my phone wouldnt even let me load the contact list even if I wanted.

    In summery, I'd probably recommend it again. Hopefully this was helpful enough. This was all I could remember about this.
    Was there anything particular about this bluetooth device you guys where wondering about?
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

    PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by pancit175 View Post
    I dont know if this will help you much, but I recently installed one of pioneer's decks that has the bluetooth integrated into the deck with seprate mic. I cannot recall the model number right now nor do I have pics, but maybe the interface is similar.

    First off, given that the mic is similar, in my opinion the mic's mount wasnt as tight as I'd like it to be and it only had one adjustible position axis, which made install position limited. But the interface was pretty nice. Paring your device was pretty simple. You can save/manage up to 3 different phones to the bluetooth. You can access the menu to the bluetooth's controlls directly by swithing the source and accessing the menu normally (in this case pushing in the volume button). While the phone is connected a picture of a phone is displayed and I believe the name of the phone is also displayed. When you receive a call the sound is ATT and to accept the call just push in the center button and the volume of the call is output to the front speakers only loud and clear. When the call is disconnected it reverts back to the radio. One of my only gripes about this was the mic, and the inability to adjust the mic's volume leading me to have to speak in a higher tone. Then again I was testing this by myself, trying to speak and hear at the same interval, and with a cordless phone which had poor volume out of the speaker already. Also I remember you can input a number into the deck to dial. I don't recall if you can load your contact list because of my time limitations, but I was testing it with my motorolla which is limited to what functions it can provide though bluetooth so I dont believe my phone wouldnt even let me load the contact list even if I wanted.

    In summery, I'd probably recommend it again. Hopefully this was helpful enough. This was all I could remember about this.
    Was there anything particular about this bluetooth device you guys where wondering about?
    I was wondering if it has the baterie and signal levels on screen?

    I also would beg you to take pics of the interface, "IF" posible please take a video of whats included on the interface

    as many pics as you can please

    btw what AV are you using? thanks

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    752
    I'll have to check the next time I install one of those, I can't make any promises but if I remember I'll take pix and video off of my phone. If anything, you can probablly look up the manuals on pioneer's website. You might get a quicker answer there. I believe that it's free to register.

    What do you mean by "AV"?
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

    PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by pancit175 View Post
    I'll have to check the next time I install one of those, I can't make any promises but if I remember I'll take pix and video off of my phone. If anything, you can probablly look up the manuals on pioneer's website. You might get a quicker answer there. I believe that it's free to register.

    What do you mean by "AV"?
    AV: Headunit

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    752
    Well I am not currently using a headunit, I am using the Alpine EQ/processor PXA-H701 with my computer. But I'm assuming you are referring to which headunit I was using with the bluetooth. Like I said earlier, I had just installed it into a customer's car. It was Pioneer's DEH-P7900B with the built in bluetooth that I installed
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

    PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by pancit175 View Post
    Well I am not currently using a headunit, I am using the Alpine EQ/processor PXA-H701 with my computer. But I'm assuming you are referring to which headunit I was using with the bluetooth. Like I said earlier, I had just installed it into a customer's car. It was Pioneer's DEH-P7900B with the built in bluetooth that I installed
    I'm using a AVHP4900DVD Pioneer

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    752
    I have good and bad news for you Octavio.

    The good news is that I looked at the users manual available on pioneer's website, and page 8 it says that when using a compatiable pioneer screen it does display the Battery strength indicator and the Signal level indicator, but it does depend on the phone's bluetooth capabilities.

    The bad news for you is that the CD-BTB200 may not be as compatible with the AVH-P4900DVD as the other models. There are some conflicting results. The website states that the compatible models are the:AVIC-D3, AVH-P7800DVD, AVH-P6800DVD, AVH-P5900DVD, DEH-P6900UB, DEH-P690UB, DEH-P5900IB, DEH-P590IB, DEH-P4900IB, DEH-P490IB.
    But the manual does state on page 25, 29, &30:
    *Head unit group 3
    *The following head units featuring touch
    *panel key operation.
    *AVH-P7600DVD, AVH-P6600DVD, AVHP5700DVD,
    *AVH-P4900DVD

    So some functions may be limited or different with the combination of your units using the CD-BTB200. That may mean that it may not display the level indicators that you said you would like and it may seem (if i'm reading this correctly, and I hope that I can) as if it treats the CD-BTB200 as a separate source.

    Like I said earlier, you should check out the users manual online, because that might answer most of your questions.
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

    PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help switching Pioneer CD player to AUX
    By MMK in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 05:05 AM
  2. Help!
    By WRX2001 in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
  3. Pioneer CD changer(s)
    By MegatronUK in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. Aiwa vs. Pionner cd player
    By mp3stealth in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •