Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: low cost budget audio

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate Felix509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    150
    You could buy used.... Lots of amps on eBay and on the forums..

    For Example:

    Clarion 4x40w for $55
    Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to.

    ___________________________________
    Current SYSTEM
    AMD64X2 2.5
    Xenarc
    ZAPCO DSP-6
    ARCAUDIO SE Amps
    Rainbow Profi CS365 & Profi Vanadium 12"

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    421
    thanks everyone for the suggestion.

    I am just gonna buy the SoundStorm 4F400 from amazon (50 bucks w/ shipping)
    I'd like the sonic t-amp but it cost too much (well over 50) and I don't buy used stuff online.

    I would definitely write a follow up when everything is installed (give me a couple of weeks)

  3. #13
    MySQL Error scott_fx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Ca
    Posts
    3,995
    wow, they jumped up in price. they used to be 30 bucks.


    i'd take a look at these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIPATH-CLASS-D-...ayphotohosting

    wouldn't be a bad option either
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

    My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    421
    darn it. Now I am confused again

    I just spend almost 600 for everything except the amplifier, still thinking whether it's the right one.

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate krnpimpsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Metro area
    Posts
    164
    The only way you'll blow your speakers is by playing them to loud. If you set your gains right and listen to the music at the same volume that you used to listen with your old head unit, you will be fine.

    I'm using a cheapo $98 Sony Xplode 4 channel amp to power my factory speakers. It's cheap, puts out about 50 watts per channel rms, or 150 watts per channel max (it's labelled "600watts," but the max figures are pretty much useless numbers). It's equal to or slightly better than my stock head unit, which was supposed to be rated at 500w max (rms figures unadvertised because they're probably embarassing).

    Just get a cheap aftermarket amp. There's nothing to worry about. And get it from wal-mart, don't get it from crutchfield, especially since you don't care about it. I guarantee a walmart bought sony Xplode will be equal to or better than your standard crappy factory head unit amp.

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by krnpimpsta View Post
    The only way you'll blow your speakers is by playing them to loud. If you set your gains right and listen to the music at the same volume that you used to listen with your old head unit, you will be fine.

    I'm using a cheapo $98 Sony Xplode 4 channel amp to power my factory speakers. It's cheap, puts out about 50 watts per channel rms, or 150 watts per channel max (it's labelled "600watts," but the max figures are pretty much useless numbers). It's equal to or slightly better than my stock head unit, which was supposed to be rated at 500w max (rms figures unadvertised because they're probably embarassing).

    Just get a cheap aftermarket amp. There's nothing to worry about. And get it from wal-mart, don't get it from crutchfield, especially since you don't care about it. I guarantee a walmart bought sony Xplode will be equal to or better than your standard crappy factory head unit amp.
    finally somebody with actual install
    thanks a lot man.

    I am going to walmart today..

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    Hi Scott fx
    One month ago I start building my carputer ,now I have all on the table and trying to set it up before final instalation , my question is ,do You have any idea how imbed OEM radio in pc to be able to controle it with touch screen,

  8. #18
    MySQL Error scott_fx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Ca
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by skuller View Post
    finally somebody with actual install
    thanks a lot man.

    I am going to walmart today..
    wait... we all have actual installs...

    Quote Originally Posted by gradecak View Post
    Hi Scott fx
    One month ago I start building my carputer ,now I have all on the table and trying to set it up before final instalation , my question is ,do You have any idea how imbed OEM radio in pc to be able to controle it with touch screen,
    no i don't sorry
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

    My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_fx View Post
    wait... we all have actual installs...


    no i don't sorry
    I meant install with stock speakers and after market amp

    anyway, I bought the soundstorm 4f400.
    (50 shipped from amazon)

    thanks for all the suggestion

  10. #20
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    421
    follow up,
    amplifier installed with stock speaker, working nicely, no problem whatsoever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My low cost, easy to build power supply...
    By SkinnyBoy in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 06:10 PM
  2. 1965 VW Beetle - Low budget CarPc
    By jbk in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 05:49 AM
  3. Update on low cost power supply....
    By SkinnyBoy in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2001, 04:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •