I'm having issues getting sound to my sub out of of my Auzentech Prelude card. Since it uses Creative software, I followed the instructions in the following post that I found by searching...
getting sound to the subwoofer
The key was using a y-splitter, and lo and behold, I got sound to the sub! Good right? Well no, because after two days, the card stopped sending the signal to the sub. (I know it's not the sub b/c I hooked an mp3 player to it to test it... the sub is fine).
The absolute only thing I did between the time the sub worked and didn't work, was install RoadRunner. (I use Centrafuse mainly). Installing RR couldn't have done anything, huh? So now, I've gone over and over and repeated the steps in the above post, and I can't get sound out of the sub/center channel of the card.
Does anyone have any ideas of something else I should try?
I have too much time and too little aggravation in my life, so I built a carPC. ;)
Hi there hithere. Thanks for the reply. Actually, I don't even think I'm going to use RR anyway, mainly Centrafuse. It worked fine in there for awhile and now nothing. I would uninstall RR, but for one, I can't see how installing RR would have mucked something up that bad, and two, I still would like to have it on my system even though I won't be using it as my main F/E.
What's strange is that I followed durwood's instructions, got it working, and now nothing, even when repeating durwood's instructions.
The software is a little bit different from older Creative cards but for the most part it has all the same, or similar settings. In fact, the software I have has an option to boost the subwoofer output by +15db... in the same section that the "Enable Bass Redirection" option is in. Having both those ticked really did the trick last time. Now, nothing.