Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need Help : SounBlaster Live! External

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate hailrazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia
    Posts
    366

    Need Help : SounBlaster Live! External

    OK I've tried everything. Here's what I need.

    I need stereo with subwoofer. That's it, left and right with subwoofer.

    I have a 4-channel amp running front and rear speakers , and a mono amp running the sub.

    Problem is I can't get anything to work.

    2.1 option in the SoundBlaster controls doesn't give me subwoofer.
    5.1 option and then turn off the center channel doesn't give me voices/words from the left/right , just surround.

    Using Cmss adds stereo left/right for the front rear but doesn't play anything through the sub amp.

    WTF do I do ?

  2. #2
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by hailrazer View Post
    OK I've tried everything. Here's what I need.

    I need stereo with subwoofer. That's it, left and right with subwoofer.

    I have a 4-channel amp running front and rear speakers , and a mono amp running the sub.

    Problem is I can't get anything to work.

    2.1 option in the SoundBlaster controls doesn't give me subwoofer.
    5.1 option and then turn off the center channel doesn't give me voices/words from the left/right , just surround.

    Using Cmss adds stereo left/right for the front rear but doesn't play anything through the sub amp.

    WTF do I do ?
    I found the best thing to do was go with 4.1 on the soundblaster live (load the creative software, then there is a box for sync with control panel), and then have the output of the main amp go to the input of the subwoofer amp. Not perfect, but sounds pretty good to me (but then i'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other).
    My opinion is my own.

  3. #3
    MySQL Error scott_fx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Ca
    Posts
    3,995
    have you gotten your subwoofer to play at all? it wasn't clear in your original post
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

    My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate hailrazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_fx View Post
    have you gotten your subwoofer to play at all? it wasn't clear in your original post
    Yes it is playing.

    What I am doing right now is having it set up as 4 channel quadraphonic. Then I have the left front/rear inputs together with a y adapter and the same for the right front/rear.
    Then I have the sub amp as the rear channels. Cmss set up as stereo.

    It's working but I really thought there would be an easier way.

  5. #5
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_fx View Post
    have you gotten your subwoofer to play at all? it wasn't clear in your original post
    Yes, by using the line out of the main amp to drive the sub amp. Only use front and back of the SB live.
    My opinion is my own.

  6. #6
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by hailrazer View Post
    Yes it is playing.

    What I am doing right now is having it set up as 4 channel quadraphonic. Then I have the left front/rear inputs together with a y adapter and the same for the right front/rear.
    Then I have the sub amp as the rear channels. Cmss set up as stereo.

    It's working but I really thought there would be an easier way.
    Check your settings, you should have a 4.1 setting rather than quad. I didn't care for that one.
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate hailrazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Check your settings, you should have a 4.1 setting rather than quad. I didn't care for that one.
    What's the difference?

  8. #8
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by hailrazer View Post
    What's the difference?
    Couldn't tell ya. But it is different.
    My opinion is my own.

Similar Threads

  1. Soundblaster Live External Sounds Like SH%^
    By Dougw133 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
  2. FS:Western Digital 120GB External Hard Drive
    By BIzFlawless in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
  3. Creative Live 24bit External and Laptop car-pc ?
    By Coldfusionpower in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 06:34 PM
  5. F/S: Brand New USB SB Live 24-Bit External Sound Card
    By kamlung in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •