Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: connection from car pc to amp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    connection from car pc to amp

    Does anyone know how to tap the sub output?
    I read the FAQ
    but the diagram only shows the sub with one RCA output
    would the be fine when connecting to an amp which has the R and L
    rca inputs????

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Seattle, WA
    A sub amp just combines the incoming L and R signals to a mono signal. The sub output on the sound card has already been combined for you. I suppose you could just plug it in to either the L or R input on the amp, but I'm worried that leaving the other input floating would introduce noise. So you could either use a splitter, and feed both inputs, or get one of those little plugs that shorts the center pin to ground, and plug that into the unused input.

Similar Threads

  1. what type of amp for my car pc..
    By tanners in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
  2. Car PC & Bose/Philips CCR800 Aux input
    By Gamer64 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 04:13 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts