Thanks again for all you work on this,
New Ai10 firmware source code is available.
Major updates as follows:
* ACC control with 'c' command is fixed. Current ACC state could be saved in EEPROM by 'R' command
* Added support for basic CD Changer control with 'D/d' (disc select) or 'T/t' (Next/prev track) commands. This feature is experimental and not fully tested yet.
* Added support for H70x sleep mode control by 'n' command
* Added support for Master/Slave mode select by 'm' command. Slave mode might be useful to control other Apline digital processors or Amps (i.e. MRA-F350)
* Store settings command renamed from 'T' to 'R'
* Misc. bug fixes
Thanks for the update. I have been kind of out of it for a little while, ran over a piece of metal and tore a hole in the undercarriage of my 335i and then I got it back last week and not am having electrical issues. I am still going to look into this but I need to get the car back and 100$ before I spend and money on fun
Update for Infiniti FX35/45 owners
I found out that factory HU of Infiniti FX MY '03-05 is controlled over plain UART interface. It's possible to tap Ai10 to UART interface of Infiniti HU to control H701 and AiNet CD Changer from factory HU and wheel buttons. I created specific Ai10 firmware for my friend's Infiniti FX. Now he's pretty happy to use high quality sources (H701 + CHA-S624 changer with Toslink out) without any aftermarket control units.
I'm going to publish the firmware for Infiniti FX and tweak instructions shortly.
Maybe you can help me out, my head will explode after googling and digging ai-net protocols in various languages etc.
I want aux-in. I have an old TDA-7563 tape deck. it has no MUTE function and grounding pink wire didnt help me to get ainet/rca cable work.
So I need to emulate CDC (or buy one). Currently I`m familiar only with Arduino board (i have one that i could use). Do you know if it would be possible to connect the arduino so that the Alpine HU thinks there is a CDC connected? then i would use the ai-net sound wires for mp3 player (ipod/iphone).
1) how do i connect arduino to ainet? i see only one data bus on ai-net pinout. i guess its for transfers from HU to CDC. how is the data sent back from CDC to HU? on the same wire or other?
2) what is correct baud rate and can i just send some simple serial data/byte so that HU thinks there is a CDC attached?
I dont need no controls, just want the aux lines to work.. maybe i dont need that much hassle and could do some other simple/cheap mod to attach mp3 to HU? :/
(HU: head unit, CDC: cd changer)
Are these boards still being developed? I am looking into getting a PXA-H701 and this would be great if you are still selling them
I don't think he is producing the PCB's anymore and the last update was May I think but the 700/701 have built in support already. You would just have to get a PCB printed and buy the components and solder it your self. Here is the link to the Google code site with the PCB files and the firmware files to be loaded. I have been thinking about doing it myself as well but I dont have a 700/701 so I would need everything first.
Last edited by davedave1234; 08-19-2011 at 02:11 PM.