Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: on-board audio issue

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659

    on-board audio issue

    I have a intel dg965ss micro atx motherboard which I use to use the creative lab SB Audigy nx external card for my sound. since it had almost 2 min boot time, I decided to do away with the device. Now Im using my on board audio with a much faster boot time. The sound quality seems about the same. But the control suck. It seems the only speakers are enable are the front speakers, but I have it setup for 5.1 ss. only the front speakers play, until I go into sound and audio device properties, then I can move the volume bar for each channel up. As soon as I click on the my air mouse to raise the volume louder the rear speakers and subwoofer cut off. only the front stays playing. then I have to go back in and do the same thing over again. The only way it stays on if I dont turn the volume up or down. The on-board audio Im using is IDT High Definition Audio codec or(Sigmatel). with there software. How can I make the volume go up and down w/o losing rear speakers and sub sound?

  2. #2
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    get the latest audio driver from here- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...+Board+DG965SS

    it is best to unintall the audio software you have now, reboot and install the latest offering from intel (april of this year). if windows automatically installed the audio for you, then dont worry about removing it- just install the new ones

    also, vista and win7 handle onboard audio leaps and bounds better then XP did, in case thats what youre using.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    get the latest audio driver from here- http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...+Board+DG965SS

    it is best to unintall the audio software you have now, reboot and install the latest offering from intel (april of this year). if windows automatically installed the audio for you, then dont worry about removing it- just install the new ones

    also, vista and win7 handle onboard audio leaps and bounds better then XP did, in case thats what youre using.
    I have the most up to date one from april of this year. The problem is that when I use my air mouse which I have volume up and down command to a button on the air mouse. It disable all speakers except the front speakers. as long as I use the volume icon in the tool bar for volume control it works fine. Then soon as I hit the button on my mouse it disable all but the front speakers. do you know what I mean? When Im using streetdeck 2 it works fine, as long as Im using the touch screen. again, when I use the up and down volume button on my mouse, it has the problem again.

  4. #4
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    yeah i understand now. very, very weird honestly. are you using vista or XP? if you are using vista, is the airmouse a vista-certified product? (does make a difference for many reasons)

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    I use xp home 32 bit. I am able now to use the scroller wheel on the mouse for the volume in steeteck, but not programing a button on the mouse. so it works, but only that way. the onboard sound vs the SB is the same. Im just not able to adjust each audio channel

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate FPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    I have a intel dg965ss micro atx motherboard which I use to use the creative lab SB Audigy nx external card for my sound. since it had almost 2 min boot time, I decided to do away with the device. Now Im using my on board audio with a much faster boot time. The sound quality seems about the same. But the control suck. It seems the only speakers are enable are the front speakers, but I have it setup for 5.1 ss. only the front speakers play, until I go into sound and audio device properties, then I can move the volume bar for each channel up. As soon as I click on the my air mouse to raise the volume louder the rear speakers and subwoofer cut off. only the front stays playing. then I have to go back in and do the same thing over again. The only way it stays on if I dont turn the volume up or down. The on-board audio Im using is IDT High Definition Audio codec or(Sigmatel). with there software. How can I make the volume go up and down w/o losing rear speakers and sub sound?
    i had the same problem with intel D201 and SB MP3+ USB card... the POST was very very slow, when i connected the soundcard... then i updated the BIOS to the latest, and it solved the problem! give it a try and check if the latest one is better...
    "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

  7. #7
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    about the only other thing to try is chipset drivers for the motherboard itself. that problem sounds too weird to even troubleshoot... i question why you even have surround sound in a car but thats besides the point i guess.

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by FPeter View Post
    i had the same problem with intel D201 and SB MP3+ USB card... the POST was very very slow, when i connected the soundcard... then i updated the BIOS to the latest, and it solved the problem! give it a try and check if the latest one is better...
    I think it was a problem with the sb soundcard. because I did everything like updating the the latest bio, same long post problem.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    about the only other thing to try is chipset drivers for the motherboard itself. that problem sounds too weird to even troubleshoot... i question why you even have surround sound in a car but thats besides the point i guess.
    cause I have a two subwoofers, and 8 other speakers.

  10. #10
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    cause I have a two subwoofers, and 8 other speakers.
    8 speakers gotta sound like garbage at high volumes though... im sure at moderate levels it fine, but it would never hold a candle to the music i play. two speakers up front, subs in rear. that is best. it doesnt matter how many subs, those run off the same channel as the front.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Audio issue with Intel Mini
    By iamgnat in forum MacCar
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
  2. audio specs help
    By scott_fx in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 04:43 PM
  3. Pandora & Intel HD Audio
    By baudi in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 01:45 PM
  4. Audio play back issue
    By lukee858 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 08:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •