Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Car pc 4CH amp and 2000watt sub amp

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27

    Car pc 4CH amp and 2000watt sub amp

    Ok so here is the problem when i connect the amp for my speakers and my amp for the sub to the line out jack on the pc i get like no bass should i get a external sound card or a crossover? this is a laptop based system

  2. #2
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    you'll need to test more things. does the pc's output work with other amps, or a set of headphones?

    does the amp work with a different source like a ipod, or headunit?

    what are the model numbers for the stuff your working with?
    what are the settings on the amps?

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    you'll need to test more things. does the pc's output work with other amps, or a set of headphones?

    i get sound ouf of all the speakers including the sub but there is no bass to the sub

    does the amp work with a different source like a ipod, or headunit?

    what are the model numbers for the stuff your working with?
    what are the settings on the amps?
    what do you mean by does the pc's output work with other amps, or a set of headphones?

    it works with the old head unit that was in there, my sub amp is a Blackmore BAC-M50 2000 Watt Mosfet MonoBlock Amplifier and the speaker amp is a 4ch kenwood. the setting are messed up since i played with everything trying to get some bass out of it

    thanks for helping let me know if you need more info

  4. #4
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Assy View Post
    what do you mean by does the pc's output work with other amps, or a set of headphones?
    this is to check that the pc's output actually works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assy View Post
    it works with the old head unit that was in there, my sub amp is a Blackmore BAC-M50 2000 Watt Mosfet MonoBlock Amplifier and the speaker amp is a 4ch kenwood. the setting are messed up since i played with everything trying to get some bass out of it
    hmmm, unfortunately, i can't seem to locate a good pic of the control's for that amp-- if you would happen to have a clear pic of it, it would really help.


    how familiar are you with things like crossovers, and gain controls?(just trying to get a idea of how descriptive i need to be).

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Well i get sound from the pc to my speakers just no bass an not to familar if u send me ur email i can send pics of amps

  6. #6
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    you can just post them here-- just upload them to your account..

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Im at work on my phone so i cant add them to the site

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    here you go soundman

    sub amp



    and the kenwood


  9. #9
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    ok, well all those settings look good-- all of those should be high enough to allow the amp to be doing something.


    so time to move onto the way you connected everything:

    does your setup look similar to this(except where the 2 pairs of rca's goes to 2 separate amps)?

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    ok, well all those settings look good-- all of those should be high enough to allow the amp to be doing something.


    so time to move onto the way you connected everything:

    does your setup look similar to this(except where the 2 pairs of rca's goes to 2 separate amps)?
    mine goes like this

    .3.5mm jaco to two female rca from there it connected to 2 male rca that goes all the way to the back and into the kenwood, from there the kenwood had rca out that goes to the sub amp.

    but real low bass. i have even tried to connec the sub amp to the rca coming from pc same crap though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •