How to set gains when using an EQ and an amp
I've just installed a Clarion EQ (EQS746) to use as an EQ & preamp and a SoundStream amp (PN4520D) along with some Rockford Fosgate P-165S components in the front and some Rockford Fosgate P-165 coaxials in the back.
The audio is coming from a 2012 Nexus 7 and I am using a Behringer UCA202 for a DAC.
I'm completely lost at the moment in trying to set them up and have a few questions.
- Should I plug the Nexus 7 into the Main In or the Aux In?
- If I use the Aux In on the EQ what should it's gain be set on?
- What should the amp gain be set on?
- What should the tablet volume be set on and what should the EQ volume be set on?
- Where can I find good information on how to set the EQ frequencies?
Thanks for any help :)