Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: sound PC-->Amp?

  1. #1
    Rs! is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004

    sound PC-->Amp?

    How do I get the sound from PC out directly to amp 4 channel? is there any rca splitter to buy who has 1 rca in(red/white) and out 4 rca (red/white) or is there some other way to do this?

    / Rs!

  2. #2
    Newbie DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    You will probably find that if your sound card is sufficiently specced then you will have both front and rear outputs for surround sound. Use a 1/8" to twin RCA adapter on each of these (if there is space) and run 2 separate RCA cables down the car to the amp.
    you can use y-splitters, but they aren't particularly conducive to good sound quality as the voltage of the signal is split between the 2 cables. Ideally you should be running some sort of line driver between the computer (roughly 2V) and your amp (needing appx 4V) for maximum flexibility and efficiency from the amp, and therefore greater quality.

    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Rs! is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004



Similar Threads

  1. Car PC sound, not as good as expected!!
    By Glyn in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM
  2. Sound cards from incarpcs , sacrificing sound quality?
    By skinhead in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 03:05 AM
  3. Hooking Up Your PC Sound To Your Car Speakers
    By DoDaDDy in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. got sound?
    By masch in forum Newbie
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:01 AM
  5. Another pc sound -> car speakers question
    By Juz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2002, 12:47 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts