Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: radioShark am/fm usb adapter with timeshifting

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12

    radioShark am/fm usb adapter with timeshifting

    powered over usb. built in antenna. mac and pc. oh frodo oh frodo plugin???

    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark/

    radioSHARK
    AM/FM Radio with Time Shift Recording
    [ Now Shipping ]


    The radio airwaves will never be safe again. The RadioSHARK adds an AM/FM radio to any Mac or PC — but that’s just the beginning.


    The RadioSHARK can record any AM or FM radio broadcast in real time. You can also program it to record a scheduled show, or to ‘pause’ live radio so you can return right where you left off moments or even hours before (See ‘What is Time-Shift Recording?’ sidebar above).


    RadioSHARK includes a full-featured application that controls all radio and recording functions. Favorite station presets can be set with the click of a mouse, and new stations can be scanned and tuned with ease. The application is also where you program Time-Shift Recording, either to take a break without missing any of a show or to record your favorite broadcast to listen to later.


    The RadioSHARK connects to and is powered by USB. The fin-shaped device acts as an antenna and can be positioned for best reception and recording. Any recorded broadcast can be transferred to an iPod or any other AIFF-compatible digital music player to replay on the go.


    RadioSHARK gives you control of how and when you listen to your favorite radio shows. Dive in today and take a bite out of the airwaves!




    Q&A

    What file format does radioSHARK use to save recordings?
    The radioSHARK will record both AAC and AIFF files on the Mac. You can select which one you would like in the radioSHARK application.


    What type of recording can I do with radioSHARK?
    With the radioSHARK, you can record what you are listening to at the moment by selecting record, or you can set the radioSHARK to record at a specific date and time. The radioSHARK also allows time-shift recording to "pause" live radio, although this recording cannot be saved as a file.


    What is time-shift recording?
    Time-shift recording allows you to pause a live broadcast and return to it moments or hours later and continue where you left off. The audio is not recorded, but kept in a temporary space on the hard drive for playback.
    -Saturn Vue 2004 - designing phase -

  2. #2
    Jesus Freak antimatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,545
    Anything we havn't already seen?
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12
    why the hate? its a new product that does am and fm and is compatible with mac and pc and powered over USB sounds quite nice. the only other usa i ever hear about is the linksys and thats only fm.
    -Saturn Vue 2004 - designing phase -

  4. #4
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerks80
    why the hate? its a new product that does am and fm and is compatible with mac and pc and powered over USB sounds quite nice. the only other usa i ever hear about is the linksys and thats only fm.
    What hate? If you're interpreting honesty for hate, you're in for a shock, brother.

    Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time.

    Check the dates on these:
    AM/FM USB Tuner
    AM/FM USB radio, and more: RadioShark
    USB FM Radio
    They go back nearly a year.

    That info has been on Griffin's website for at least that long. Frankly, none of us are impressed by your ability to copy/paste from their website.

    But, n00b, if you'd have used the search function, you'd know that you're not contributing anything new.
    E for effort, though.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  5. #5
    FLAC Chairboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time. And the Mac version has been out a while, only the PC version is new.
    I'm afraid you're mistaken, this is the initial release for both Mac and PC.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

  6. #6
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairboy
    I'm afraid you're mistaken, this is the initial release for both Mac and PC.
    Corrected.
    Although I do remember seeing a review or something about the radioshark for Mac somewhere.
    I wonder if it was a prototype or something.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  7. #7
    Constant Bitrate jpelzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    173
    Where does it say it supports Windows? I had emailed Griffin a few months ago, and they had PLANS for windows, but only mac support at launch, and no release date for Windows.

    EDIT: OK, yes I can read. Nevermind.

    OK, who's the first to buy this and see if it's any better than the D-Link?
    Bush: Proof that humans really did evolve from apes.

  8. #8
    Jesus Freak antimatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    What hate? If you're interpreting honesty for hate, you're in for a shock, brother.

    Radioshark is a newly released product that's been in development for some time.

    Check the dates on these:
    AM/FM USB Tuner
    AM/FM USB radio, and more: RadioShark
    USB FM Radio
    They go back nearly a year.

    That info has been on Griffin's website for at least that long. Frankly, none of us are impressed by your ability to copy/paste from their website.

    But, n00b, if you'd have used the search function, you'd know that you're not contributing anything new.
    E for effort, though.
    Good looken out
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by jpelzer
    Where does it say it supports Windows? I had emailed Griffin a few months ago, and they had PLANS for windows, but only mac support at launch, and no release date for Windows.

    EDIT: OK, yes I can read. Nevermind.

    OK, who's the first to buy this and see if it's any better than the D-Link?


    I ordered it for my pc 2 days ago... they said a few weeks to ship.... grrr im not that patient of a person
    -Jack
    2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
    Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

  10. #10
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by antimatter
    Good looken out
    I try.
    We'll get these n00bs whipped into shape in no time!
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with ITPS / hibernation and External USB HD
    By veetid in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
  2. Griffin RadioShark Ships - USB AM! and FM - Offer to develop software
    By gork in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
  3. USB 2.0 to ide adapter, anybody got one of these working
    By Batmanatthenewb in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 02:23 AM
  4. USB to ide adapter + Toshiba laptop dvd drive
    By carprowler in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 11:49 PM
  5. AM/FM USB radio, and more: RadioShark
    By Chairboy in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 05:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •