Noise (from engine and other sources) HELP!!!
Please help me as I have engine and other source noise on my system
I have try many things before I opened this thread, and yes I have use the search button.
1) Renault's "Phillips Tunner list" as head unit.
2) Connects2 adapter that adds RCA input to "Phillips Tunner list" in CD changer menu.
3) Toshiba Tecra 8200 laptop as carpc. It takes input 15V 4A and max 70W.
Battery of laptop is just 10.8V , so I have directly connect the power from cigaret lighter (12V to 14V) to laptop.
4) Lilliput 7'' touch screen , power through the Lilliput's egg and cigaret lighter again.
Symptoms in Car:
- I connect just the laptop (power from battery) to RCA of head unit (no power, no screen): Sound clear.
- I connect power to laptop : noise
- I disconnect power of laptop and I connect Lilliputs VGA cable: noise
- I connect laptops power and Lilliput: of course noise
Symptoms at home:
- Laptops speakers with or without power adapter: Sound clear
- I connect laptop powered from battery to home stereo : Sound clear
- I connect laptop's power adapter (220v) : Sound makes noise
So I have a damage audio card in laptop?
BTW this is the second Tecra 8200 that I manage to damage the audio this way.
Anyway this is a company I work for laptop, so I managed to change the damaged one with another one.
The new Tecra 8200 now, has perfect sound when it is connected to home stereo and power adapter now.
But I don't want to damage this one AGAIN.
I have try to eliminate noise by:
(eventhough I don't know if laptop was damaged when I tried)
- RCA ground loop isolator
- Power filter to eliminate engine noise
- Common grounds, as laptop and Lilliput uses the cigaret lighter
- Many other things.....
Possible Solution Senarios:
1) Buy laptops power adapter for car and RCA isolator . Will adapter and RCA isolator solve my problem? Does anybody have heard about "epagogic" RCA isolators? Can I order it from internet?
2) As laptop's sound is good when it takes power from battery, I may add an extra car battery . Lilliput and laptop will be powered from one battery not connected with the engines battery.
I may have to create a circuit that will swap these batteries for charging reasons.
Maybe this solution is cheaper too.
But will it work again?
3)... H E L P ....