Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Thump in my car speakers

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    105

    Thump in my car speakers

    hi guys i finally installed everything in my car it is great. the only problem i have is when i turn on the carpc there is a Thump in my speakers and sub. The same thing happens when i turn off my carpc.
    Is there a way of getting rid of this thump i dont think it is good for the speakers. Please help.... someone said some thing about capacitors? i am not sure how that works please shed some light on this..
    thanks

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    421
    this solves the shutdown thump and it may sort the startup thump too

    Turn on/turn off thump solution!

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate XxAndyxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    609
    I use this:
    http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/deta...DUCT_ID=DE528T

    It's a pulse timer relay that is adjustable from 0 - 90 seconds. When my soundcard was initialized in windows it made a loud pop so I just made my opus trigger this timer relay to disconnect my amps remote wire for 30 seconds, that way my computer finishes loading the sound card before the amps will turn on, bypassing that annoying pop. This will also eliminate the pop sound when the computer turns off.

    If you are interested in using this relay I will post exactly how I have it wired up.

    Hope this helps .

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndyxX
    I use this:
    http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/deta...DUCT_ID=DE528T

    It's a pulse timer relay that is adjustable from 0 - 90 seconds. When my soundcard was initialized in windows it made a loud pop so I just made my opus trigger this timer relay to disconnect my amps remote wire for 30 seconds, that way my computer finishes loading the sound card before the amps will turn on, bypassing that annoying pop. This will also eliminate the pop sound when the computer turns off.

    If you are interested in using this relay I will post exactly how I have it wired up.

    Hope this helps .
    hi thanks for the reply. the problem is that i am not using opus or any other power controler. i have a switch on my dash to turn on the invertor and the computer. Will this work with that ??

    thanks

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    421
    yes it should do. it doesn't matter how the pc is turned on only in what order you switch on amp and pc

    basically it should be PC ON - AMP ON then AMP OFF - PC OFF

    i don't understand how that device (whatever it is - can't access link) can stop shutdown thump cos its a timer and you need the amp to turn off before the pc not a while after

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate XxAndyxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    609
    You would just hook the trigger up to the switch. It can do both a + trigger and a - trigger, so it will definitely work.

    It will stop the shutdown thump because you can make the relay run off the power from the remote wire, so that when you turn off the car it will disconnect the relay.

    The relay I'm talking about is DEI's 528T:
    http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/528T.html

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    421
    right ok

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate XxAndyxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    609
    the best solution would be to find like a PCI relay card to close the remote wire connection once windows has finished loading because even with my timer relay solution, if you restart the computer in windows it will make the poping noise because nothing has triggered the relay to disconnect.

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndyxX
    the best solution would be to find like a PCI relay card to close the remote wire connection once windows has finished loading because even with my timer relay solution, if you restart the computer in windows it will make the poping noise because nothing has triggered the relay to disconnect.
    how about just wiring some capacitors to the speaker and sub cables?? so between the soundcard and the amps.

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate XxAndyxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by akberpaf
    how about just wiring some capacitors to the speaker and sub cables?? so between the soundcard and the amps.
    I'm not sure if I quite understand you. Are you recommending to put a capacitor between the speaker and the amp, or between the soundcard and the amp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Small Car, budget complete setup advice
    By Scouse Monkey in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 12:17 AM
  2. VIA and Mini-box Announce First Sub-$300 Car PC Kit
    By Goofus in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 12:53 AM
  4. Another pc sound -> car speakers question
    By Juz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2002, 12:47 PM
  5. Car with no system..How do I wire the speakers to my MP3 system?
    By fogleroller in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-14-2002, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •