I found a service manual for the Alpine CDA-117. When you completely remove the entire front of the head unit, all you see is the CD unit and a stationary 20 pin connector. By purchasing this service cable, it allowed me to retain the whole front of the CD unit as a whole. This way, I built a metal housing and placed the whole faceplate into it. This will still allow me to remove the faceplate and keep the factory look of the unit without a bunch of wires showing where others have done this with soldered wires showing.
The cable was purchased from: Hermanelectronics.com the part number of the cable is: 01V35647S01 It cost $64.00. It's about 12 inches long, but you can probable cut the cable and extend it with a computer ribbon cable if needed. I just didn't want to have anything to do with soldering on the radio itself. Here are some photos of the mods I did. Hope this will help others out. As this site gave me some ideas from everyone's previous postings.