Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How to use this amp please ? Kenwood KAC-629s please help....

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    120

    How to use this amp please ? Kenwood KAC-629s please help....

    hi guys, I just bought a 350W Kenwood KAC-629S Amplifier. And I want to test it before I put in my car, my question, Will I able to test it with my power supply, instead of using the Tank. And I don't know how to plug in for the amplifier to turn it on.

    And how to connect from the amplifier to the computer. I bought a cable, but I don't know if it's right.

    Also can you guys please tell me which side (speaker level input or speaker output) I can plug in the speakers wire. OK now I have 4 speakes, 2 fronts and 2 in the back.


    350 Watts Max Power Handling

    75 Watts x 2 @ 2 Ohms Power Handling

    60 Watts x 2 @4 Ohms Power Handling

    150 Watts x 1 Bridged Power Handling

    2-Ohm Stable

    Power MOSFET Switching Power Supply

    Stereo, Mono, or Tri-Mode Operation

    Ground Isolation Circuit

    Quiet Turn-On

    Black Powder-Coated Top Cover with Sandblast Finish

    Gold Plated Terminals

    here is the right side for the amplifier:



    here is the left side for the ampilifer"



    here is the cable for the amplifier to the computer: please check for me if it is right.


  2. #2
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    904
    This is a 2 channel amp and you want to hook it up to 4 speakers? Realize that you will have no fading control and its generally frowned upon. Your choice. Connect the right speakers (front and rear) to the right output. Connect the left to the left. Do not use teh high level inputs.

    No way to easily test it in the home. You could hack a power supply apart but its a bad idea. Just hook the thing up.

    Thats the right cable

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Albers
    This is a 2 channel amp and you want to hook it up to 4 speakers? Realize that you will have no fading control and its generally frowned upon. Your choice. Connect the right speakers (front and rear) to the right output. Connect the left to the left.

    Thats the right cable
    .....yes, that's what I want, connect 2 speakers in 1. and Do you know how I can power it on, because I was using my power supply to power it on but it didn't work, if you know how to test it, please show me, thanks.

    And one small question, what is the level speaker input for ? thanks

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjetko
    ...And one small question, what is the level speaker input for ?

    It's for taking the seaker wire that is coming off your radio and plugging it into your amp it is what you would call a high level input while your rca like your using is a low level input. The only really safe and easy way to test it is to put it in your car (get the right gauge power wire for safety and guality, usually 4 gauge) Hope this helped.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by sporty_drew
    It's for taking the seaker wire that is coming off your radio and plugging it into your amp it is what you would call a high level input while your rca like your using is a low level input. The only really safe and easy way to test it is to put it in your car (get the right gauge power wire for safety and guality, usually 4 gauge) Hope this helped.
    thanks for your answer, but my problem is I don't know how to plug it in a car, also since there isn't power button, I don't know how to turn in on either, and by the way, I don't know it's the ampilifier is on or not. thanks. By the way, at the time I plug the power in ? am I using the power from the battery or from my power supply of my carputer ? thanks.

  6. #6
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,164
    OKay, wait...you're using this thing for 4 speakers? You realize that your speakers, will be sharing 35Ws per (if you wire them to be 2 Ohm). I'm not sure what you plan to run, but hey, if that's hte way you want to do it.

    Turning it on is usually by the remote wire comign form the headunit, which you can wire to the ignition if your erunning the CPC without a head unit. Search for that. You can also get a carpc SDC and that will work too.
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

    THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

    Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjetko
    thanks for your answer, but my problem is I don't know how to plug it in a car, also since there isn't power button, I don't know how to turn in on either, and by the way, I don't know it's the ampilifier is on or not. thanks. By the way, at the time I plug the power in ? am I using the power from the battery or from my power supply of my carputer ? thanks.
    Ok the easiest way to wire it up is to get a amp wiring kit (it will have everything you need). First run the power wire that comes in the kit (4 or 8 gauge normally) from the battery to the amp and put the fuse holder thats in the kit within 1 foot of the battery (hooked into the power wire, leave fuse out of fuse holder for the time being). Next hook the ground wire up to the amp and a on a bear piece of metal ( piece without and paint or anything else) close to your amp ( you can usually loosen a bolt and gound it under the bolt). Lastly you need to hook up the remote line wire, if you have a headunit you can just hook it up to your ignition wire that it is hooked up to in your car (yellow or red depends on car it's the one that only has power when you key is turned) if you don't have the headunit you can still use wire if you left it or you can use the remote line out on you carputers power supply (this way may be the best since most power supplies have a delay to help keep you speakers form getting a really loud thump when you start the car, but some amps wont thump) I hope this is what you need.

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Kenwood Amp- KAC 820 - 120 RMS x 2 -US/California/San Jose
    By e30_droptop in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 01:19 AM
  2. FS: kenwood 1000 watt sub amp
    By EsKALad in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 04:08 PM
  3. Fs Kenwood Amp 1000 Watts 2 Channel 2005 Model
    By audioseller in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:44 PM
  4. FS: Kenwood KAC 744 4 Channel Amp $90 shipped
    By jeeplaw in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
  5. Kenwood amp question
    By lummox in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 08:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •