Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: IBUS Problem

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273

    Angry IBUS Problem

    I got the serial ibus adaptor now but there is no difference. I can't trig the amp no scroll no s#*t. It is not the stupid driver or not the ini (by the way i set the right comport in ini file. please don't come with this question as i'll attemp to kill you). My question is can you damage your ibus firmware or cut the ibus stream by other devices or pc itself. Any comment?

  2. #2
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    There is no difference when compared to what? How was it before?

    have you tried contacting the manufacturer of this device?

    http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  3. #3
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    , though it should be what she said,

    And, check on HacktheIbus message list. Though there is some experience on this board with IBUS, there is very little compared to the Hacktheibus site.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  4. #4
    FLAC sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,375

    chill winston!

    Quote Originally Posted by redbullah
    I got the serial ibus adaptor now but there is no difference. I can't trig the amp no scroll no s#*t. It is not the stupid driver or not the ini (by the way i set the right comport in ini file. please don't come with this question as i'll attemp to kill you). My question is can you damage your ibus firmware or cut the ibus stream by other devices or pc itself. Any comment?
    relax dude, problems are there to be sorted.

    in answer to ur question, no u can't "consume" the ibus data by sticking a device in paralell. but now u mention it, where and how did u pull the ibus feed?

    i'm currently on holiday so I may be a while before I respond.

    ps. try to stick everything in post and avoid opening new ones. u'll get better help that way

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Red GTi VR6
    There is no difference when compared to what? How was it before?
    it was crappy. I'll add more detail soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red GTi VR6
    have you tried contacting the manufacturer of this device?

    http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/
    No cause on the same page, manifacturer says:
    "I also do NOT offer generic IBUS support of any kind, besides the interface itself.
    Especially I do not answer general IBUS questions. "

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    , though it should be what she said,

    And, check on HacktheIbus message list. Though there is some experience on this board with IBUS, there is very little compared to the Hacktheibus site.

    Michael
    The entire "hacktheibus" forum (i am one of the members) so far doesn't contain anything usefull for my problem. I check them daily.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by sama
    relax dude, problems are there to be sorted.

    in answer to ur question, no u can't "consume" the ibus data by sticking a device in paralell. but now u mention it, where and how did u pull the ibus feed?

    i'm currently on holiday so I may be a while before I respond.

    ps. try to stick everything in post and avoid opening new ones. u'll get better help that way
    I'll add more detail soon. My reslersadaptor is connected to cdchanger plug in trunk. There is also car2pc adaptor installed behind the radio. This adaptor has four cables two of them twisted and for 12v, one ibus cable and one for ground. They are all connected to radio pinout as shown on manual. I don't use the ibus function of car2pc adaptor so it works like a standalone audio adaptor.

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273
    Now it starts with carpc each time and the problem is partionally solved.
    I can't see scrolling text but it is supposed to appear on my hu which isn't there now. right? I can't simulate HU buttons cause if they are not connected. Mode and rdt tmc mode were two of these buttons. Ibus adaptor can simulate cd-changer and trig the amp every 10sec but not interface devices like HU. There may be a way to allow ibus simulate the devices that aren't connected.

  9. #9
    FLAC sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,375
    I'm having trouble understanding what's going on!

    now what starts? and what part of the problem is solved?

    the scrolling text should appear on whatever target device you specify. FF is to all devices (that can display). Mine displays in the display device just under the RPM and speedometer.

    there is a way simulate devices that are not connected, I'm working on that at the moment

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate redbullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    273
    ok
    i had a usb ibus adaptor (reslers) which didn't want to trig the amp always.
    after few reboots it was radio again.
    now i have a serial adaptor and now pc start Always with carpc but there is no scrolling. I don't see anything scrolling btw.

    Now i'm trying to be able to switch between radio and cd-changer or just set tmc allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lilliput TouchKit problem solved!
    By AAVfReaK in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
  2. gps navilock and com problem
    By lele67 in forum GPS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
  3. Problem with directshow filter and WMP
    By EricE in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
  4. iBus problem with Mappoint
    By Mattkins99 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 10:50 AM
  5. Car Idle - power/amp problem?
    By TheFaze in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •