RCA Outputs from a 2002 BMW e46 Head? (and other questions)
Firstly - apolgies if the answer to my questions is already on the board somewhere. I couldnt find it
I'm soon to take delivery of a 2002 BMW 318Ci Coupe, with the basic BMW 'business' sound system
I've done a couple of basic ICE installs and a CarPC before, but I've used a Sony head-unit every time which of course has useful RCA outputs for front, rear and sub
Despite my girlfriend forbidding me to 'muck around with this one - its too nice' like i've done with my previous cars (apparently), I'm rather tempted to upgrade the sound system.
I'm intending to keep the factory head-unit and have the following done:
- Install Parrot 3200 Bluetooth hands free (already got it)
- Install SmartNav nav system (without screen)
- Reasonably compact sub - thinking of the Infinity Basslink?
- Replace and amplify the front components
- Replace and amplify the rear singles
The SmartNav package includes the cost of installation, so I'll forget about that for now
As far as I'm aware, the BMW head doesnt provide me with RCA outputs. My questions are:
- Is there a magical device i can hook up to the output of the head unit that will present me with 3 RCA pairs (front, rear and sub) which I can then pull through to the boot (trunk). If so, where might I find it? Is it that 'navone engineering' unit that the guy is trying to sell as part of his rig in another thread?
- If not, whats the accepted method of doing the above?
- Am I likely to need any extra compents to get my Parrot to mute the audio? It didnt need anything else to hook up to my Sony head as that had the blue mute cable. Is there anything similar on the BMW?
Thanks in advance - be gentle :D