Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Laptop in car (Center speaker = Home theather or bridged stereo?)

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster
    May I suggest that you drive down the road with your current setup (cassette and HU) off. Just tape or velcro the speakers where you want, and plug them in to your pc. Now drive down the road. With your windows up. it will be tinny and barely listenable. Then crack your window, the sound will be gone due to the high noise. Just try it, and you will see what a waste of time it is. Have you read that other thread yet?

    If you really want a center speaker, then just use a normal car speaker mounted somewhere and feed it through the home theater part you are so hellbent on using.
    Yes, i read the whole thread about the PC speakers in cars, but I will try it myself the next week and I will let you know the results...

    I will bet $1.000.000 right now that it will work, and i will hear to Richard Clayderman playing a classic solid piano song though the center speaker of my PC home theather while driving with heavy traffic noise...

    and you, how much money you will bet?

    Regards,
    Alex.

  2. #12
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by alexz
    Yes, i read the whole thread about the PC speakers in cars, but I will try it myself the next week and I will let you the results...

    I will bet $1.000.000 right now that it will work, and i will hear to Richard Clayderman playing a classic solid piano song though the center speaker of my PC home theather while driving with heavy traffic noise...

    and you, how much money you will bet?

    Regards,
    Alex.
    Oh how much I hate ignorant n00bs.

    Well the answer is no money. I have never bet, and never will. Just try it.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster
    Oh how much I hate ignorant n00bs.

    Well the answer is no money. I have never bet, and never will. Just try it.
    Hmmm... Are you not betting nothing because you know you will lose?...

    The world is flat or its round?

    You say: the world is flat or round because another people is telling the same? but have you seen it from outside to tell it yourself?

    btw, you need to go to the space for knowing that it does not have gravity?

    Regards,
    Alex.

  4. #14
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,045
    Yay for ****ing matches.

    No I said I don't bet money. I wouldn't even bet that the world is round... but that's because it is flat.

    I already told you my opinion, now try it out and see the truth for yourself.

    btw, you need to go to the space for knowing that it does not have gravity?
    actually it does have gravity. You yourself create a small gravitational field with respect to any object around you, much like the earth does to us, and as the sun does to the earth, and as the milky way does to the sun, and as the, you get the idea. The force due to gravity is the gravitational constant "G", multiplied by the sum of the masses of the two objects (m1 + m2) divided by the distance between the two objects squared. F = G(m1+m2)/r^2

    Well anywho...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  5. #15
    Newbie hunterius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by alexz
    Hmmm... Are you not betting nothing because you know you will lose?...

    The world is flat or its round?

    You say: the world is flat or round because another people is telling the same? but have you seen it from outside to tell it yourself?

    btw, you need to go to the space for knowing that it does not have gravity?

    Regards,
    Alex.
    OMG
    Alex, I am bulding real 5.1 surround in my car ( case I want it this way) BUT you are absolutely wrong.

    How do you want to get 5.1 surrround signal get out from your NB through stereo output??

    If you really want true 5.1 you have following options:
    - Soundcard with decoding 5.1 and 5+1 analog output ( to the amplifiers and speakers)
    - Souncard with digital-out and 5.1 external decoder .... and amps and speakers

    with your HU in LeftFront sp. you can hear exactly same sound as in LeftRear ....but with 5.1 can't .....please be patient and
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
    AE

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterius
    OMG
    Alex, I am bulding real 5.1 surround in my car ( case I want it this way) BUT you are absolutely wrong.

    How do you want to get 5.1 surrround signal get out from your NB through stereo output??

    If you really want true 5.1 you have following options:
    - Soundcard with decoding 5.1 and 5+1 analog output ( to the amplifiers and speakers)
    - Souncard with digital-out and 5.1 external decoder .... and amps and speakers

    with your HU in LeftFront sp. you can hear exactly same sound as in LeftRear ....but with 5.1 can't .....please be patient and
    boy, you need to buy new reading glasses...

    I said that i am using an external 5.1 decoder... so, i can get 5.1 from the digital out of my laptop. Furthermore, the decoder box can upmix stereo signals to 5.1, like an Audigy.

    regards,
    alex.

  7. #17
    Newbie hunterius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by alexz
    boy, you need to buy new reading glasses...

    I said that i am using an external 5.1 decoder... so, i can get 5.1 from the digital out of my laptop, and/or the decoder box could upmix stereo signals to 5.1, like an Audigy.

    regards,
    alex.

    ...... my eyes are ok ... but your ability of explanation sux:

    "Laptop (stereo output) -> casette adapter -> head unit = 4 speakers only."

    " i know that I will not get 5.1 with option #2 because I am not using the home theather decoder and/or the sub-woofer, but im really interested in the center channel only,"

    if you really want suggestion don't light fire ... and I am not boy for you.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
    AE

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterius
    ...... my eyes are ok ... but your ability of explanation sux:

    "Laptop (stereo output) -> casette adapter -> head unit = 4 speakers only."

    " i know that I will not get 5.1 with option #2 because I am not using the home theather decoder and/or the sub-woofer, but im really interested in the center channel only,"

    if you really want suggestion don't light fire ... and I am not boy for you.
    sorry dude, but i guess that i was very clear: i am interested in the center channel only, no 5.1.

    regards,
    alex.

  9. #19
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    holy hell, this is great

    subscribed for one hell of a good time



    alexz - I applaud your wanting to try new things and for thinking out of the box

    however, I think that you have left out some very important information.

    What brand are your home speakers?

    Also, this external 5.1 decoder, runs off of 110v/120v wall outlet? How are you planning on switching that to 12v?

    The center channel off of the head unit?

    hrmm, not to much, because you would essentially be bridging a head unit, which is a big fat garnormous no no.

    Maybe I'm misreading this entire thread?

    I just see a number of flaws in your thinking.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. can I power a car stereo with an ATX PSU?
    By Fourgig in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 06:40 AM
  2. FAQ: Using a Laptop LCD as Your Car PC Screen
    By cproaudio in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
  3. RCA to car stereo
    By ipoder in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
  4. RCA to car stereo
    By ipoder in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:17 PM
  5. Car Stereo Installation Video's for Sale
    By johnram in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2002, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •