Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: questions on runnin another amp to my system

  1. #21
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
    You'll probably ruin your imagine and get some funky noise cancellation issues with a 4way or 5way. You REALLY have to know what you're doing. Stock speaker locations wont do
    People who buy speakers like this are not concerned about imaging or noise cancellation.

  2. #22
    Cip
    Cip is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    13
    "People who buy speakers like this are not concerned about imaging or noise cancellation."

    wtf is that suppose to mean?

  3. #23
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    well, i can agree with will. if you where ever thinking of putting together a nice sound-system, you'd 've dove into lecture about staging and imaging and never had bought such speakers or sugested such an amp.
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  4. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cip View Post
    "People who buy speakers like this are not concerned about imaging or noise cancellation."

    wtf is that suppose to mean?
    It means that you could care less about how things sound, you just want loud. 2- 3- 4- and 5- way speakers are pointless for Sound Quality IMO. Get a good set of components with a Headunit that has a built in crossover, so you can do an "active" setup (active as opposed to passive - where the crossovers are already predetermined and non changeable). Buy a 4 channel amp for your components too. Be prepared to drop 600+ on just your front speakers

  5. #25
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidClen View Post
    It means that you could care less about how things sound, you just want loud. 2- 3- 4- and 5- way speakers are pointless for Sound Quality IMO. Get a good set of components with a Headunit that has a built in crossover, so you can do an "active" setup (active as opposed to passive - where the crossovers are already predetermined and non changeable). Buy a 4 channel amp for your components too. Be prepared to drop 600+ on just your front speakers
    do you know what you are talking about? passive crossovers aren't nesseseraly fixed. you don't even need a HU with EQ and/or a crossover network, because you can use the built-in x-over on the amp. $600 for a decent pair of compo's? are you some kind of spoiled kid?
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  6. #26
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    904
    I was not attepting to insult. I'm much more direct when i do that My reasoning was indicated by IC

  7. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by IC-C30 View Post
    do you know what you are talking about? passive crossovers aren't nesseseraly fixed. you don't even need a HU with EQ and/or a crossover network, because you can use the built-in x-over on the amp. $600 for a decent pair of compo's? are you some kind of spoiled kid?
    Passive crossovers arent necessarily fixed, but unless you are into car audio, you probably wont know how to change them with out help from someone who knows what they are doing. Yes, you can go active with the amps too, but it is alot easier to do it with the HU or something up front. And my $600 figure was grossly misrepresented - I meant to say that be prepared to spend $600+ on a good 4 ch. amp, Active capable HU, and comps. I spent $70 on tweets, $120 on mids, $230 on a 4 ch. and $300 on a HU, $720 total. I figure you can get them cheaper based upon what you want though, so that's where I got my $600 figure from.

  8. #28
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,109
    Passive crossovers arent necessarily fixed, but unless you are into car audio, you probably wont know how to change them with out help from someone who knows what they are doing.
    Durk ur durrr. Passive crossovers can only attenuate a signal, active crossovers can amplify or attenuate a signal. Every analog crossover I've ever seen has knobs on it and I don't know too many people with at least 2 fingers on one hand that can't turn a knob. You're talking about the halfass crossover known as an inline filtering capacitor.

  9. #29
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260


    go to a bookstore and buy yourself some books about car-audio and electronics LiquidClen. Every crossover is changable (apart from inline filters as shadow said), so, I think you've never seen an actual X-over closely or you're just spitting around bull**** that you THINK is right. But as you see your pretty wrong. As far as the active wiring goes.... for now I have a ****ty sony HU, with no decent X-over built in so everything's put flat out and I completely let the sound depend on my amps. Once everything is filtered correctly, there shouldn't be any reason to change that, so why should you have a HU with built in X-over? ofcourse it's easy when you use your system for different purpouses, so you can quickly setup things differently, but that isn't the case here...
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  10. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Durk ur durrr. Passive crossovers can only attenuate a signal, active crossovers can amplify or attenuate a signal. Every analog crossover I've ever seen has knobs on it and I don't know too many people with at least 2 fingers on one hand that can't turn a knob. You're talking about the halfass crossover known as an inline filtering capacitor.
    Yeah, that's generally what they give you when you buy a set of pre-packaged (for lack of a better word) comps, as opposed to DIY.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. del
    By hanzacra in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 03:41 AM
  2. adding a amp to factory bose system
    By wyldbill in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 01:36 AM
  3. adding a amp to factory bose system
    By wyldbill in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
  4. Questions on a new system
    By kameleon in forum Newbie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:01 PM
  5. Newbie Questions... Building my system
    By Fender2Martin in forum Newbie
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •