Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: On a 2 channel amp that I plan on bridging, do I need BOTH rca ins?

  1. #51
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    *sigh* just do as you please.... are you even listening to what ZtH01 or shadow are saying? so me aswell as ZtH01 are dicks, just because we don't tell you what you wanna hear? go bother someone else....
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  2. #52
    Variable Bitrate FyreDaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    352
    What the hell, where did you get that from? He was being condescending and had an attitude. Have you even read through the thread? The question im asking is if its better to split the 1 input into 2 so it has both of them at half voltage rather than 1 with 100% line voltage

  3. #53
    Constant Bitrate ZtH01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug View Post
    So with the way im planning on setting it up, you are saying that it would be better to split the 1 input into 2, to make it equal? Itll have 1/2 the input voltage, but then x2. So its still the same amount, just split. Thats better?

    Im curious
    All I'm saying is that these amps are designed to work two ways. Stereo, or bridged mono. Either way both inputs are supposed to be used. That's just the way it is. Again, I don't care how you run it. But if it were my setup, I'd rather have one amp then 2, if output levels will be similar, and distortion levels will be the same or less.

    I guess all I can say is try it out. I have, and the bass dies when I do it.
    -ZtH01
    "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

  4. #54
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug View Post
    What the hell, where did you get that from? He was being condescending and had an attitude. Have you even read through the thread? The question im asking is if its better to split the 1 input into 2 so it has both of them at half voltage rather than 1 with 100% line voltage
    I've read the thread from the start, as a matter of fact, I was the first one who answered you, so yes, I've read the thread. first you called me a dick (which you appologised for, so that's fine) then you're not listening to far more experienced guys then you are. then you just go on about putting in just one RCA, like you firs intended. then you say you're asking info on it, but still in the end are going with one RCA against opposite advise. and then you're calling someone else a dick, just becayse he sais something different than you want to hear. (he just gave some info, don't see the being a dick-part in that)....


    but hey, like I aswell as ZtH01 said, do as you please, it's not our install, so we could care less! we're only trying to help you out by putting things straight where you missed out. so I wonder if YOU've read your own thread well enough...


    but hey, gonna shut up about it, i don't give a **** anymore!
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  5. #55
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    you opened up this thread 4 days ago..... how long does it take for you to just test if you need one or both?.....
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  6. #56
    Variable Bitrate FyreDaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    352
    Far more experienced? I think you give yourself too much credit. I cant test it out right now, I dont have even the computer built. But I do my research first. I have the hardware and stuff because I already had it. You're "putting things straight" without providing any proof or evidence, I have a valid point opposing your point and you just keep saying the same thing and avoiding it. This thread was asking if I NEED it. It was a thread to figure that out. We did, a while ago apparantly, but then we went a little more indepth and I asked the amazing question "why" but since then I havent gotten a real reply about why, no evidence and you seem to think you are better than everyone else. I give credit where credit is due, but this thread went a little more off topic since then, and now the question was how the amp takes the voltage input on either channel if its in bridged mode, and we have determined that it would be "better" if both were in, with half voltage, instead of 1 with full voltage, but again, the question "why" came up and it keeps getting avoided and I keep getting asked why I had to ask. What the **** who cares

  7. #57
    FLAC XC-C30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Abele, Belgium
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug View Post
    Far more experienced? I think you give yourself too much credit. I cant test it out right now, I dont have even the computer built. But I do my research first. I have the hardware and stuff because I already had it. You're "putting things straight" without providing any proof or evidence, I have a valid point opposing your point and you just keep saying the same thing and avoiding it. This thread was asking if I NEED it. It was a thread to figure that out. We did, a while ago apparantly, but then we went a little more indepth and I asked the amazing question "why" but since then I havent gotten a real reply about why, no evidence and you seem to think you are better than everyone else. I give credit where credit is due, but this thread went a little more off topic since then, and now the question was how the amp takes the voltage input on either channel if its in bridged mode, and we have determined that it would be "better" if both were in, with half voltage, instead of 1 with full voltage, but again, the question "why" came up and it keeps getting avoided and I keep getting asked why I had to ask. What the **** who cares

    ahum, did I say I was more experienced? No i didn't. I said you wheren't listening to more experiënced people, did I mention myself? No i didn't.... some amps use a single RCA, others use both... is it so hard to *******!!!! (and no, I don't care if i get banned for this)
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

    'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

    CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

  8. #58
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Spring City, Tennessee
    Posts
    59
    i mentioned a bit back (i think it was all covered up in the beheading) that that amp will go quiet (aka lose part of the signal) if its not fed through both rca's, as ive worked in the amp your questioning. Now technically you should be able to use a y splitter, as the low level singal doesn't work in retrospect like a speaker does, as the amp is really sniffing for a singal instead of "feeding" off it, and splitting it should still yeild the same results as a stereo link, just in mono persay (since it is one channel of the stereo link now that it is split). All the amp is doing like was said above is putting the rca's slightly out of phase to make the singal stronger, and since the rca can handle more than one amp in the first place (again, in my exp, but its alot more varied, it all depends on equip), y splitters "should work".

    Best way to find out though? Go try it, worst that can happen is you hate it and try a diff method.

  9. #59
    Constant Bitrate ZtH01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug View Post
    Far more experienced? I think you give yourself too much credit. I cant test it out right now, I dont have even the computer built. But I do my research first. I have the hardware and stuff because I already had it. You're "putting things straight" without providing any proof or evidence, I have a valid point opposing your point and you just keep saying the same thing and avoiding it. This thread was asking if I NEED it. It was a thread to figure that out. We did, a while ago apparantly, but then we went a little more indepth and I asked the amazing question "why" but since then I havent gotten a real reply about why, no evidence and you seem to think you are better than everyone else. I give credit where credit is due, but this thread went a little more off topic since then, and now the question was how the amp takes the voltage input on either channel if its in bridged mode, and we have determined that it would be "better" if both were in, with half voltage, instead of 1 with full voltage, but again, the question "why" came up and it keeps getting avoided and I keep getting asked why I had to ask. What the **** who cares

    Have you ever installed an amp? If you havent, anyone who has installed one has more experience then you... You want to know why it's better to run a bridged amp with both inputs? I'll tell you why BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY THE AMP WAS DESIGNED.

    Go have this discussion with the guys at Scosche if you don't believe any of us.
    -ZtH01
    "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

  10. #60
    Variable Bitrate FyreDaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa200 View Post
    i mentioned a bit back (i think it was all covered up in the beheading) that that amp will go quiet (aka lose part of the signal) if its not fed through both rca's, as ive worked in the amp your questioning. Now technically you should be able to use a y splitter, as the low level singal doesn't work in retrospect like a speaker does, as the amp is really sniffing for a singal instead of "feeding" off it, and splitting it should still yeild the same results as a stereo link, just in mono persay (since it is one channel of the stereo link now that it is split). All the amp is doing like was said above is putting the rca's slightly out of phase to make the singal stronger, and since the rca can handle more than one amp in the first place (again, in my exp, but its alot more varied, it all depends on equip), y splitters "should work".

    Best way to find out though? Go try it, worst that can happen is you hate it and try a diff method.
    Only response worth replying to, thanks killa

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Installing an 4 channel amp for my speakers
    By penny1jordan23 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
  2. Surround from a 4 channel amp? Possible?
    By we87 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 03:23 AM
  3. 2 Channel amp no headunit
    By skippy911 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 01:14 AM
  4. FS: Audiocontr Epicenter and 4 channel alpine amp (and a mattress?)
    By Will Albers in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
  5. Looking for opinions on Alpine MRV-F450 5 channel amp
    By ShinkunoNamida in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2002, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •