2-channel / 4-channel Amp??
Alrite, I am finally taking the risk of some serious noob bashing, but I have been going nuts trying to understand how an Amplifier works. Screw those other forums, they are crap...please dont redirect me there!
So, I have an 05 Altima (2.5S) which has a HU with no AUX. The car has 6 speakers (Factory installed) which are pretty good IMO. I dont wanna replace them.
Now from what I understand, I need a 4 channel amp for 2 reasons
1. to connect 4 speakers
2. to hook up my laptop to the amps
Here are my questions
1. One tech at best buy told me that to hook up 4 speakers and a sub, i would need one 4 channel amp, and a second mono or dual channel amp to power the sub...is this true?
2. Can I use the factory installed speakers with an amp, or do i have to replace them?
3. If that dude at Best Buy is right, how do u hook up 2 speakers and a sub to a 2 channel amp!?:confused:
4. What limitation does the sound card of my laptop impose on the whole amplifier ordeal?? My IBM T30 has only 1 speaker jack, 1 line in and 1 mic jack.
Thanks for your help!