Ok. The code is done and working at least for the minimal implementation/testing i've done so far. Anyone that wants to test it is taking their sanity in their own hands
Obviously any plugins written for this won't work with pre-1.0a7 builds of CFE, so you would have to wait to release it.
These changes all relate to giving more power to the plugins and allowing more control over CFE.
First I have added a messaging system. All the documented messages are responded to/sent as described. The only one currently being exercised (at least that is visible) is the driver side swap.
Second I have added preference storage support so you don't have to do anything more than manage a NSDictionary if you need to persist configuration information.
Finally, I started adding some utilities that may be useful.
Outside of the above wiki page, you'll have to poke at CarFrontEndAPI/CarFrontEndAPI.h and CarFrontEndAPI/PluginManager.h until I get some more docs done.
Let me know if anyone starts playing with this stuff and has trouble.