What's next for CFE? You decide!
So i've half started on somethings, then given up and jumped to others, and generally non-comital for anything i've started.
So i'll leave it up to you to decide on the next feature that I add to CFE next and hope that gives me a kick start in the right direction.
- Custom NSLevelIndicator (volume and track time) that fits in better with the look of the buttons. The plan in my minds eye would look like the buttons with a "diamond" (e.g. square rotated 45 degrees) to indicate the position.
- Custom NSTableView that matches the CFE look and feel. This would make way for things like track lists and things like that.
- Custom NSScrollView to match CFE look and feel.
- IBPalette (IB 3) for CFE UI elements (just the buttons right now) to make using them easier.
- Rework the internal messaging system and add AppleScript support. This would allow plugins a bit more control of the messaging as well as allowing for AppleScripts to send the messages as well. Would also make way for other control interfaces (via TCP, serial, etc..) as well. (BugByte, you idea in the Shade thread could get bundled in here)
- Implement a configuration interface for plugins to provide a somewhat standardized configuration interface for the user.
- Add a central method of dealing with and processing Serial Port data. Basically it would simplify the work a plugin has to do to work with a serial port (think GPS data, no NOT Nav!!!).
Most of these will have more impact to plugin developers rather than directly to end users of CFE, but they all pave the way for new and better end user features down the road.
So pick what you will and I will do my best. If you have other ideas, by all means mention them so they can be discussed for the future.