Hey! You voted twice. For different things!
So i've half started on somethings, then given up and jumped to others, and generally non-comital for anything i've started.
So i'll leave it up to you to decide on the next feature that I add to CFE next and hope that gives me a kick start in the right direction.
- Custom NSLevelIndicator (volume and track time) that fits in better with the look of the buttons. The plan in my minds eye would look like the buttons with a "diamond" (e.g. square rotated 45 degrees) to indicate the position.
- Custom NSTableView that matches the CFE look and feel. This would make way for things like track lists and things like that.
- Custom NSScrollView to match CFE look and feel.
- IBPalette (IB 3) for CFE UI elements (just the buttons right now) to make using them easier.
- Rework the internal messaging system and add AppleScript support. This would allow plugins a bit more control of the messaging as well as allowing for AppleScripts to send the messages as well. Would also make way for other control interfaces (via TCP, serial, etc..) as well. (BugByte, you idea in the Shade thread could get bundled in here)
- Implement a configuration interface for plugins to provide a somewhat standardized configuration interface for the user.
- Add a central method of dealing with and processing Serial Port data. Basically it would simplify the work a plugin has to do to work with a serial port (think GPS data, no NOT Nav!!!).
Most of these will have more impact to plugin developers rather than directly to end users of CFE, but they all pave the way for new and better end user features down the road.
So pick what you will and I will do my best. If you have other ideas, by all means mention them so they can be discussed for the future.
I figure if there are multiple things in the list that you want to see done, you should be able to voice it. Doesn't mean that i'll do more than one, just that it gives your other choices a fighting chance in the event you're the only one that wants your primary choice
Interesting, we voted for the same thing
- The custom bar would make CFE finally look sort of consistent.
- AS support for interaction with...
- Bluephoneelite (very simple to interact; if we had AS support I'd write a first version of the plugin within a day - and then we'd have hands-free capability )
- a program that I am going to write to interact with a k8055
- and a lot of other things
Well, in that case, I also vote for AS support. The consistency stuff is important, but adding the controllability makes CFE unique to most fronts ends I've seen.