CarFrontEnd and iTunes 8
With the rumors of a pending update to iTunes tomorrow, I strongly suggest not upgrading your machine using CarFrontEnd until I have had a chance to test it. I have seen issues in the past (I think it was 6.x to 7.0 IIRC) where iTunes upgrades broke the Apple Script I was using.
While I haven't touched the code in awhile (sorry), I will test CFE with the new iTunes tomorrow night (should it be released) when I get home and address anything that may have broken.
As far as my promised code upgrades to CFE, it's one of 4 projects i'm currently not working on. So you all aren't alone :(
However this week I start working a 4 10s schedule so i'm hoping that i'll start doing something productive with that extra day off (though Hana's little present in my basement on Saturday means it probably won't be computer related for awhile :()
The current version for download (2008-05-10) appears to work just fine with the new iTunes.
Let me know if anyone finds any issues though.